Why are so many Rotels not available in U.S?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffo19
    • Oct 2006

Why are so many Rotels not available in U.S?

I am wanting to buy a RC-06 preamp, but according to their website, it seems these are only designed for Europe 220V. Are there some that are 110V american versions? Same goes for the RCD-06 CD player?
    Are these available in the U.S? Do people that own them use a voltage converter. I see them on EBAy sometimes.
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

Jeffo19, I'm not sure what models Rotel is selling in the States these days. I was in a similar situation when I moved from the States to Europe. My Rotel gear had to be converted from 120V to 230V. You have two choices really: you can buy an up/down converter or you can ask Rotel to exchange your power/voltage box inside the Rotel. They did in for $50 in the past and you keep your warranty, but you have to send it in obviously. Personally, I didn't want to have the bulky up/down converters.

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

The 02 series was also known as the "europe" serie and was as far as I know only available in Europe.

And I think this is the same for the 06 series.
      Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"