X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferry
    • May 2003

DTC 9.8 in Europe

Does anyone now when the 9.8 will be available in Europe??
  • username_deleted
    • Nov 2007

medio 2008
    Back to the source...the microphone!

Comment

• mouratos
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by username_deleted
      medio 2008
      How sure are you about this ????

Last information from Onkyo Europe says that it will **not** be imported at all !

Comment

• Andy0217
        • Jun 2005

I bet we don't get it either in Australia...why not a 240v version???? If so I would snap one up to replace my current SSP

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Hi,

According my my dealer the local importers (Amber-Tec will are wating for the European C-Tick certificaiton of the DTC 9.8 then they will look at importing.. As it is seen as a low volume unit and local C-Tick too expensive to justify...

They too suggested a mid 2008 likely Australian date

Geoff

Comment

• Ferry
            • May 2003

Thanx for the info :T

I can't wait

Comment

• dmcgowan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
              Hi,

According my my dealer the local importers (Amber-Tec will are wating for the European C-Tick certificaiton of the DTC 9.8 then they will look at importing.. As it is seen as a low volume unit and local C-Tick too expensive to justify...

They too suggested a mid 2008 likely Australian date

Geoff
              Hiya Geoff,

Also interested in this unit as it seems like the only processor option for HDMI and the new HiDef audio formats. Are you looking at replacing the 1098? I had hoped a 7.1 out Blu-Ray player would work but have (I think) found that you have much less flexibility on controlling audio when using the 1098's analogue inputs.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Hey,

I am considering it... I love my RSP-1098... And so far the sound of any 3rd party reciever with HDMI 1.3 and DTS HD etc have just not been good enough...

But I intend to go HD sometime within the year.. And need a processor

Geoff

Comment

• Sithlord
                  • Aug 2004

Hi Geoff hows things? Well I sold my Arcam AV8 and bought the Onyko SR-805 reciever as a pre-pro and the sound I'm getting from pcm and Dolby True HD is incrediable output from the PS3. I did buy a Toshiba XE-1 for HD-DVD but 3 weeks later Warner make their announcement so I got my money back on the player. Dont get me wrong HD-DVD was easily as good as BD but now it looks like it may not be here for much longer after May. Pity Transformers was insane and the True HD track on Superman Returns was much better then the 640kps on the BD.

Sorry didn't mean to go off topic. I too was considering the 9.8 but was unsure of it's arrival here in Auz land. I just could wait to have the HD sound in my HT. And for $1600AUD at JB for the 805 I'm happy. I'm looking forward to see what dedicated pre-amps other companies will bring out this year. Should be exciting...and expensive

Comment

• HiRez
                    • Aug 2007

Greetings,
                    I looked at the Instruction Manual (June 4,2007-page 12), and it shows 2 different types of rear panel; North American and Other. This leads me to think it should be available outside US (Other may mean Japan-I do not know).
                    Regards

Comment

• HiRez
                      • Aug 2007

Also from the same document (page 129) under Specifications, power consumption is quoted seperately for North American and Australian versions.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Sithlord
                        Hi Geoff hows things? Well I sold my Arcam AV8 and bought the Onyko SR-805 reciever as a pre-pro and the sound I'm getting from pcm and Dolby True HD is incrediable output from the PS3.
                        Hi... Interesting... How does the SR-805 handle normal Dolby DD Prologic IIx and DTS 7.1 etc compared to your old Arcam? Becuase I know how good Dolby True HD is but I still have so many old DVDs...

Oh and does it get hot as a pre-pro? or any audio lag issues as reported on some of the USA forums? etc

Geoff

Comment

• Sithlord
                          • Aug 2004

Ok imo the Arcam still sounded better for SD audio but it would be hard to justify spending $6000+ for the Arcam for that. I rarely watch SD now that I've seen HD and heard what it can sound like. As for the heat not an issue as the amps aren't being used. Slight warmth in the video stage but nothing to worry about. I haven't experienced any audio lag since owning it. A great unit for not that much money and it supports all the new audio for the HD formats. Now all I need is a player (BD) that can read all of them. I've read that the PS3 wont be getting a firmware update to pass DTS -HD MA as the cell processor cannot do it. I guess if Sony did find a way then other manufactures will have to come to the party and bring out competitive players around the same price as the PS3. Anyway I haven't looked back since selling the Arcam and the Audessy calibration software is the icing on the cake for the SR-805. It really does make a difference in a very positive way.

Comment

• dmcgowan
                            • Sep 2003

Sithlord,

Where are you (I am assuming in Aus?)? Disappointing that the PS3 won't be decoding DTS-MA - I have found the PS3 experience a real positive with its integrated media capabilities and think a dedicated Blu-Ray player is nowhere as attractive a proposition.

I bought an Integra 6.8 on the weekend for one of the rooms in our renovation and have yet to unpack it. I need to work out if I can run it in parallel to the 1098 for a week without WAF issues...

Comment

• Sithlord
                              • Aug 2004

Yep I live in Melbourne. Grats on the 6.8.

Comment

• dmcgowan
                                • Sep 2003

Another local - we're in Port Melbourne! I am still hopeful that the PS3 will pass DTS-HD MA but will have to watch this space. It will be the weekend before I can unpack the 6.8 and I am going to run it in parallel to the 1098 for a while and see how it sounds on the Dlu-Ray discs.

I suspect the next renovation purchase will be a 9.8 later in the year

Comment

• alebonau
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Oct 2005

another melbournite here !

lets hope the integra gets the 'euro tick' so making it a possibility for Oz. I'd say it would sell like hit cakes here.

I to am using an avr as pre-pro. Te denon 4308 which I've found just do a wonderfull job as pre-pro and enjoying the best of audio from my tosh HD-DVD and pio blu-ray. Infact to the point, wonder if something like the integra here would be much better with just digital sources ?...I've got the analog side covered with my dedicated 2ch analog gear.
                                  "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• dmcgowan
                                    • Sep 2003

Heya Alebonau,

Whereabouts? I haven't had the 1098/1077 combo for even a year but can see it being retired in favour of the 9.8 or something similar if it sounds as good in the HT / digital domain as people say. I am keen to try the Integra 6.8 as a pre with the PS3 when I get my hands on enough time to rig it up and play with it as a replacement pre. New home will have a dedicated HT room, so it's no big deal if the 9.8 is behind on analogue - I spend more time listening to the Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine than my CDs / LPs these days anyway...

Comment

• alebonau
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by dmcgowan
                                      Heya Alebonau,

Whereabouts? I haven't had the 1098/1077 combo for even a year but can see it being retired in favour of the 9.8 or something similar if it sounds as good in the HT / digital domain as people say. I am keen to try the Integra 6.8 as a pre with the PS3 when I get my hands on enough time to rig it up and play with it as a replacement pre. New home will have a dedicated HT room, so it's no big deal if the 9.8 is behind on analogue - I spend more time listening to the Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine than my CDs / LPs these days anyway...
                                      se melbourne mcgowan, yeah I can imagine the conundrum if you've only just got the 1098 ! . if any consolation a friend replaced his 1068 with denon 4308 as well and he has found some good improvements with the later processing of the denon. so yeah if have the oportunity to check out an integra in your system to see how it compares...go for it ! and look forward to hearing how you find it
                                      "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• Ferry
                                        • May 2003

Are there some new dates for Europe???

Comment

• dmcgowan
                                          • Sep 2003

I am guessing Europe and Aus will have similar certification, so mid 2008 was last I heard but nothing concrete.

Alebonau, I still need to unplug the Integra 6.8 and try it with the RMB-1077 to see how the new codecs sound in my main room. Problem is the time it takes and then trying to find enough decent interconnects...

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"