X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ecthelion
    • Jan 2006

looking for more opinions about rb1092

im on the market for an amp for quiet a while reading a lot of opinions about diffrent amps help me narrowed my choice to few of them ..krell400xi,rb1092...those are my leaders...i drive klipsch rf 7 with maranzt8500(still)for almost 1.5 years time to move on i know about rb1090 and klipsch but fact that i cant get it new bothers me ... more opinions(not a lot of those) about rf7 driven by rb1092 would help me a lot(any opinions would help)i remember when it came out peaple were sceptical and chosing 1090 was a no brainer.I like the size of it and the fact that is so efficiant ....saw one on audiogon for 1900$(new)or i could get krell for similar price (as many good as bad opinions)...? getting close to make a decision....with your help maybe. thank you for response!
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

you really need to listen to both and make you own decision. You will get opinions from both angles. I can tell you I have been very happy with my RB-1092 driving my B&W N804. I won't look back - the size/performance ratio is what sold me.

Comment

• Joey_V
      • Jul 2005

All I know is that I'm selling mine real soon as it has been replaced (my silver 1090 that is). PM me if you want more info but I'm putting this up on the 'gon or on ebay soon.

Regardless of that sales speech, I will tell you that the 1090 is better than the 1092 to my ears. You can search for my review on this forum from a few months ago (or was it a year ago).

Joey
      Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
      Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
      System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• ecthelion
        • Jan 2006

im from chicago(lincolnwood) as well local pick up maybe give me some info im really intrested

Comment

• Joey_V
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ecthelion
          im from chicago(lincolnwood) as well local pick up maybe give me some info im really intrested
          HOLY MOLY!!!

This is LOCAL!

Joey
          System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• Club1820
            • Jan 2006

I got lucky when I got my 1095 off of Ebay. Local chicago pickup also! saved a ton on shipping that monster!
            Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Joey_V
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Club1820
              I got lucky when I got my 1095 off of Ebay. Local chicago pickup also! saved a ton on shipping that monster!
              I agree... mine was a local pickup too.

Ecthelion better jump on my 1090 or he's missing out on a goooood deal. No shipping? No chance for UPS damage? Heck yeah... take my 1090! It doesnt make a difference for me too much as I'm the seller. But if I were the buyer, I'd go local for sure. :P

Joey

Comment

• Joey_V
                • Jul 2005

SOld!!

Comment

• voxy
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ecthelion
                  im on the market for an amp for quiet a while reading a lot of opinions about diffrent amps help me narrowed my choice to few of them ..krell400xi,rb1092...those are my leaders...i drive klipsch rf 7 with maranzt8500(still)for almost 1.5 years time to move on i know about rb1090 and klipsch but fact that i cant get it new bothers me ... more opinions(not a lot of those) about rf7 driven by rb1092 would help me a lot(any opinions would help)i remember when it came out peaple were sceptical and chosing 1090 was a no brainer.I like the size of it and the fact that is so efficiant ....saw one on audiogon for 1900$(new)or i could get krell for similar price (as many good as bad opinions)...? getting close to make a decision....with your help maybe. thank you for response!
                  Can't help but to chip in a bit.

I was comparing ICEpowered amps for a while and I think Rotel RB1092 is a good buy. If I look into Bel Canto Ref1000 mono block prices or Jeff Roland's, I can only say they basically uses the same 1000ASP modules except that the wires that are use to connect the modules are different. So I am really thinking of diving into the RB1092. I believe you will not hear much differences between the Bel Canto ref1000 and the Rotels which cost less.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"