X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjrivera
    • Jun 2005

RB1090 vs. RB1092 for B&W N802s

I'm debating getting a 1090 vs 1092 for my N802's.

I searched the old threads, but couldn't find much specifically about the N802's in an A/B test between the 2.

I plan on using them in a 5.1 system with N804's as rears, HTM1 as a center, and powered with a RMB1095.

I've read about the smoother sound of the 1090's, but was wondering if the total output of the 1092 would be better for speakers the size of the N802's.

I have listened to the 1092 with 803Ds at the dealer, but couldn't get an audition of the 1090 or the 192 with 802N's.

Anybody have suggestions?
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Just in my opnion, owning the N802's I feel require better electronics then Rotel. I'm thinking more on the lines of Krell, McIntosh or Anthem. Even Integra Research would be a good choice. Classe also comes to mind.Mark Levinston makes excellent matching amps to run them.

Rotel is great gear for the money but when you get into such high end speakers, I feel better electronics will do them justice.

Something to think about

Dan

Comment

• cjrivera
      • Jun 2005

Thanks for the response Dmantis.

Right now I am looking "best bang for the buck". Rotel seems to fit this category right now. In the future, I plan to upgrade to a better line of amps, but due to wife restraints, I have to be a little more judicious with the spending.

Comment

• Jeff
        • Dec 2004

I to own N802's. My dealer ran their's with a 1090. It possessed a lot of low end slam. That would be the route I would go. Once it's time to sell it, you would be able to get a reasonalble price.

Jeff

Comment

• Kevin97225
          • Oct 2004

The dealer here runs the B&W N800 with the Rotel RB-1090 and RC-1090 and they sound great together with a stunning soundstage. I spent hours there with him switching between the Krell, Classe, and Mark Levinson and I still prefered the Rotel RB-1090 and RC-1090 combo for my liking. Overall, the Rotel RB-1090/RC-1090 has a great balance and performance that is very hard to beat, especially for the price. He was giving me a steal of a deal with the Classe, but I still went with Rotel and I've been very pleased with the RB-1090/RC-1090. :T

Comment

• DL86
            • Sep 2005

I double that one. Try telling ignorant people who think a Krell 400-xi will leave the 1090/1090 combo for dead lol. I listend to the 400-xi yesterday again when I went pick up my shanling cdt80 disaster struck. . .

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"