X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbarata
    • Feb 2003

RSP-1006 and MULTI Inputs problem

I’ve recently discovered a small issue with RSP-1066 and MULTI Inputs.

In my setup I’ve a DVD multi-player (SACD/DVD-A) connect to RSP-1066 through a coax digital cable and though 5.1 analog outs. The analogs ICs are connect to the Multi inputs of RSP-1066.

When I’m playing a SACD, I select the MULTI INPUT button in the front-panel and as expect I have access to the SACD audio version. However if I put a DVD or a CD in my DVD player, the RSP-1066 display identifies the sound stream (Dolby D, DTS, PCM) and, with the multi input select on 1066, I can hear sound.

I was convinced that whenever Multi input was selected in 1066, only analog signal could be heard, but if fact, I can hear the digital inputs also.

When selected the front-panel MULTI INPUT button shouldn’t other audio input signals to be overridden?
    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Pbarata,

como vai??

Desculpe,I did not guite understand your question?

In order to play Multichannel Music in Bypass pure mode, or as you said extension. you will need 6 analog cables into the Multichannel of your Processor from your DVD Multi-Player. Then you will not here any digital signals whatsover. You can also play DTS or Dolby Digital Movies or concerts (for the Musical sound even better) If you hit the extension button and you'll be watching the concert but in Analog Multichannel Bypass extension pure mode. Hit the DVD button again and you have switched back to the original Dolby Digitasl or DTS mode your DVD was palying and your analog sound disappears.
    I think your connections are put wrong!! Are you sure you have the 6 Analog cables connected to your processor from your DVD-Player???
    Keep us posted!! Muito obrigado!
    Love to hear your outcome!! Ta logo..Adeus!!!
    Cheers!!

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

The 1066 (maybe even the 1068) still displays what's happening on the input you were on before switching to multi-input.

Most DVD players with multi-channel outputs will decode a Dolby or DTS signal and send it out the multi-inputs as well. So it can appear the mutli-inputs are not working when the display shows DOLBY, PCM, etc and you get sound.

To test this, choose an unused input (tape, cd, whatever), then select multi-input. You should still get sound from the DVD player with any disc, but the display won't show a digital signal lock.

Kevin D.

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

I agree with Kevin, try his suggestion. I'm not convinced there is anything wrong with your 1066. As he said, it will still show the digital source info in the display.
        This does not mean that this is what you are hearing when you select Multi-input.

If you have the source hooked up per your description, you should still hear the source, if you don't, then you have a problem.
        Last edited by gianni; 28 October 2006, 17:54 Saturday.

Comment

• pbarata
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by chinets
          Pbarata,

como vai??
          Tudo bem, obrigado !!!

It's so nice to hear some Portuguese words in a Forum where hardly I find Portuguese fellows.

Obrigado pela ajuda. :T
          Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
          Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• pbarata
            • Feb 2003

Kevin,

You are right !!!

How stupid I was not to consider that eventually I was listening the multi channel analog outputs from the DVD player, with the decoded DD and DTS streams converted to analog. :banghead:

Thanks.
            Last edited by pbarata; 29 October 2006, 09:41 Sunday.

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

Pbarata,
              Tudo bem!!!
              De nada, com alegria!!!!! que desfrutas!!
              boa noite y divertir-se,
              Ciao,
              Chinets

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"