X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Timer
    • Dec 2004

C2 7.1 Ch analog input subwoofer problem

I recently purchased a multiformat DVD palyer and have experienced problems with the analog subwoofer input on my C2. All of the channels work fine with the exception of the subwoofer. There is no subwoofer output when I use the 7.1 Channel input. The subwoofer works fine when using a digital input to the C2. I have checked all the cables and they are ok. I have connected the DVD player to a different processor and the subwoofer works fine. I was wondering if I am missing something in the setup procedure that is causing the problem. I have made several calls to parsound technical support over the past week and have only reached voice mails. My calls have never been returned.

Any ideas you have on this problem would be appreciated.
  • goldear
    • Aug 2003

I no longer have my C2 to refer to, but if I recall, although the 7.1 passthrough is completely analog with no DSP control, you still have trim/level controls. I remember some people having problems with the analog subwoofer levels on a certain universal DVD player (I think it was the Denon 2900?)...as sometimes the level was -10db below reference. If this is the case, make sure your DVD players analog output is increased accordingly (max)...and you may also have to increase the Sub trim-level on the Halo.

Also, since you are using the analog outs on the DVD player, make sure you have enabled the Sub from the players menu, along with any other options there are related to "speaker size" and crossovers. Depending on the configuration, selecting large speakers may redirect all your low frequencies to your mains. Other than that, I don't know what else it could be.
    Chris B

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"