RSP1098 - Multi-input question (DVD-A, SACD)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chross
    • Sep 2003

RSP1098 - Multi-input question (DVD-A, SACD)

Hi,

Does anyone know that the volumeadjustments for the distance of the speakers are also availible for the multi-input (DVD-A, SACD)?
    Or is everything bypassed?

(Pioneer DV575 does not have a seperate volume adjustment for the 5.1 channels )
  • Wolfenstein 2k2
    • Jun 2004

Hi!

I just checked this issue and found out the following:

When the MULTI-INPUT as a source is selected, only the BYPASS is available (and can´t be changed). Furthermore, you cannot go into the MENU and select the item SURR. LEVEL. Hence you cannot change the level of each of your speakers when MULTI-INPUT is on - your DVD-Player should be able to do that (at least my Pioneer 668 AV can do that).

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

I would think that the 1098 would be somewhat similar to the 1068, with reguards to the multi inputs. With the 1068, the sub, center, and surround volume can all be ajusted with the remote, during multichannel playback.

Comment

• Wolfenstein 2k2
        • Jun 2004

@ DelRay

Yes, you´re right. When using the remote (buttons C, S, R etc.), the level for each channel can be adjusted even if MULTI INPUT is selected. However, you can´t do it from within the menu as said in my former post - the menu item SURR. LEVEL is still unavailable.

Comment

• Chross
          • Sep 2003

Thanks for advice,

So the volume level can be adjusted, but no delay correction. This means you'll be better off with a multi-player equipped with a proper bass and speaker management. No Pioneer DV-575 :cry: but the more expensive DV-668 or DV-868. Or you can choose another brand. :W

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"