X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewinmelb
    • Oct 2006

Radio: RT-1080 vs RT-02

Hello all,

apart from the fact that the RT-1080 looks much cooler and is more expensive, in practice is there much difference in the sound quality or receptiion between the RT-1080 and RT-02.

will probably be connecting these to a RC-1070 and RB-1070.

any comments would be appreciated.

Andrew
  • june
    • Feb 2005

andrewinmelb,

We own the RT-02. This tuner sounds "frackin" incredible. It's playing through Rotel's RSP-1068. Our sales person couldn't answer the same question you asked, so we brought the RT-02.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• andrewinmelb
      • Oct 2006

well hello there in Phila! I lived there for a couple of years (16th & Walnut then Queens Village), great town.

the RB-1070 does look much cooler though..... will probably go for RT-02

Comment

• june
        • Feb 2005

andrewinmelb,

You may have to buy a pre-owed unit. Rotel doesn't advertise the RT-02 on their web site.
        June
        "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

When I was looking for a RT-1080, I decided to go the used route. Picked up the tuna for $300 shipped. I believe it was worth it. Perfect match with the other 10xx equipment. Did I mention that it looks cool too. :B

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

DelRay...
            Very nice rack, and the tuner integrates nicely.

Not to Poo Poo Rotel by any means, I own four of their components and have no regrets at all; but I was looking for a tuner a while ago, and was dead set on a Rotel, but then got a Magnum Dynalab turner used at Audiogon. It's black, and integrates well into my nearly all black system. It has analog meters, and I like the look, but more importantly, SQ is outstanding.

Also, consider that in the metropolitan area you are in, there are most likely a few stations broadcasting in HD now. I do not know if the RT-02 is HD capable, but you may want to include that option in your choice.

Best of luck in your search.
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• David L.
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by andrewinmelb
              well hello there in Phila! I lived there for a couple of years (16th & Walnut then Queens Village), great town.

the RB-1070 does look much cooler though..... will probably go for RT-02
              I was just looking on the AudiogoN website and someone just listed an RT-02 is silver for $250. Don't know if that's a good price or not but here's the link if you're interested.

Comment

• Clepto
                • Feb 2006

Rotel's 1080 replacement, which isn';t quite available yet, is supposed to support HD, and possibly Sirius

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"