X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Club1820
    • Jan 2006

Sub Question - M&K + 1068

Hello. I am getting ready to hook up my M&K VX-860 sub to my 1068. The sub has a bypass that allows you to use the processor's filter.

Is this the way to go? Are there any pros/cons on using the processor's filter versus the crossover on the sub itself?

Also, the sub has L&R inputs and states that if processor only has one output, then to use the Left input on the sub. Would it be better to get a "Y" connector and connect to both L&R? Is there any benefit to having both L&R inputs connected?

Thanks for all of your help! :T
    Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

What speakers do you have and do you want to run them full range?

No you do not need a 'Y' to the sub.

Comment

• Club1820
      • Jan 2006

Gianni, thanks for the reply. I have Whatmough M30s. I will probably set them up as small and send the LF to the sub.
      Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

In that case, don't use the sub's crossover. Either turn it off( bypass) or set it well above the filter setting for the 1068.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"