X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Minivan
    • Jan 2005

Power Amp for Monitor Audio GR10's

Easy folks,

I'm running a Rotel 1056 with Monitor Audio GR10 and various other speakers (see sig.).

Have been considering a power amp to drive the front two. Have got an oportunity to get either RB-1070 or RB-1080 for £300 & £600 respectively.

I'm thinking I might as well get the 1080, but I won't be able to demo either.

Any recommendations/comments? Do I even need a power amp or is the 100watts in 2 channel mode from the 1056 getting the most out of the Monitor Audio's anyway?

cheers,

Minivan
    ----------------------------------
    Rotel RSX-1056, B&W 805S front, HTM4S centre, DS8S surround, REL Q201E sub
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Bump for those that might have missed it and have experience.

Kevin D.

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

I had a pair of these for a while driven by my RSX-1055 and thought it did a good job. I would think an RB-1070 with almost twice the power should be adequate for these bookshelves. However, I did not try them with any other amplification and that is the true test. You may want to see the online review on these at SoundStage, as he mentions them liking power but I don't remember what his references were.

As a fan of the GR-10's, I would be interested in your feedback with these whichever amp you go with.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"