Which kind of interconnects do i need for the rotel combination:

RDV-1092
    RSP-1068
    RMB-1075

Unbalanced or balanced.

Thanks!
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

All three of the Rotel components you list support only RCA (unbalanced) connections.
    Brad

Comment

• 2manyremotes
      • Oct 2006

You will get better performance with unbalanced even if you had balanced inputs on all devices. This is because US supply is 110v and you can not get a true balance connection.

Comment

• chrispy35
        • Feb 2004

Wha? Power supply has nothing do with the balanced/unbalanced discussion.

Unless you're running cables across great distances or the equipment was designed from the ground up with a balanced circuit topology, unbalanced interconnects are A-OK.

Chris P.

Comment

• 2manyremotes
          • Oct 2006

You mean the circuit that tries to imitate a balanced output. Everyone that I know prefered not to use the balance inputs. found the sound less appealing Power supply is very important to circuit design and they are not a true balanced outputs. Maybe I am wrong. So please explain to me if so
          Thanks
          sorry to be misleading on the 220v. It has to do more with the grounding loop ops:

I would suggest trying both and let your ears decide.
          Last edited by 2manyremotes; 19 October 2006, 11:55 Thursday. Reason: adding

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

You only need balanced IC's if you have long and/or noisy runs AND if your equipment is truly balanced (most mid-fi is not). Otherwise your wasting your money IMO. Spend the extra money either on better quality RCA cables or elsewhere in the system.
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"