X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CNC GUY
    • Oct 2006

Rotel Newbie Here.new Surround W/ B+w

im new to the forums andas well as rotel.im very close to finalizing a deal for my surround sound.its as follows: ROTEL RSX-1057,for fronts im going with B+W DM-602S-3'S,SUB IS B+W ASW-600,CENTER IS B+W LCR-60 S-3,and for the rears,going B+W DM600 S3'S.as for the dvd player,my dealer is out of rotel,so until they come in,im going with MARANTZ DV-4600..any thoughts from anyone?basically going with this setup because of movie watching as well as music listening.anyone have any thoughts?my original plan for the rears was going to be with the B+W DM-601 S-3'S but my wife doesnt want floor standing speakers for the rear,thus the DM 600'S.cant wait for this to be completed as my bose cubes were not doing it.along with that my denon reciever took a power surge,therefore im starting fresh.any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks everyone.
    Last edited by CNC GUY; 20 October 2006, 05:49 Friday.
    ROTEL RSX-1057
    B+W DM603 S3 FRONTS
    B+W DM602.5 S3 REARS
    B+W LCR60 S3 CENTER
    B+W ASW600 SUB
    PANAMAX 4300
    SALAMANDER SYNERGY SVDO
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Thats a nice setup, should work out just fine. If I were to change any piece it would be the center, the LCR600 instead of the LCR60. The center is very important for movies I always encourage the bigger the better. If you check out the B&W forum you can find several posts recommending the same.

As for the DVD player, which rotel were you looking at? I had considered the RDV-1092 but I am very happy with my Denon 2910. My TV is only 1080i so I wouldnt be able to take full advatanges of the video capability of the 1092. My audio rack is full of rotel and as much as I would like a rotel dvd player to match the rest of the components that is one device where I feel the denon is better.

Comment

• CNC GUY
      • Oct 2006

hi-
      thanks for the reply.im in ct too.as for the dvd player im not sure yet.ill keep you posted.also thanks for the info on the lcr600.
      cnc guy
      ROTEL RSX-1057
      B+W DM603 S3 FRONTS
      B+W DM602.5 S3 REARS
      B+W LCR60 S3 CENTER
      B+W ASW600 SUB
      PANAMAX 4300
      SALAMANDER SYNERGY SVDO

Comment

• Clepto
        • Feb 2006

I too would recommend the LCR600 over the 60... HOWEVER, please note that it's freaking GINORMOUS. For the SQ I definitely recommend it, but fitment might be a concern....

Comment

• bnieman
          • Jun 2006

Food for thought...

I was originally going to buy a 600 series surround setup but I opted for a pair of 703s so I can upgrade down the road. I've never looked back! Absolutely transparent for 2 channel music, and add in some old speakers for the center and rears and it's quite a nice surround set up with room to mature.

As for the DVD player I am in the same boat as you... can't decide...

Let us know what you decide on!
          Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• CNC GUY
            • Oct 2006

im actually changing my speaker choice as well.i have thought alot about it and for my room i really dont think i would like the speakers on stand look.im now changing to the dm603s3's for the mains and as for the rears,they will be floorstanding as well.just not sure which.
            ROTEL RSX-1057
            B+W DM603 S3 FRONTS
            B+W DM602.5 S3 REARS
            B+W LCR60 S3 CENTER
            B+W ASW600 SUB
            PANAMAX 4300
            SALAMANDER SYNERGY SVDO

Comment

• CNC GUY
              • Oct 2006

its a done deal.made the purchase 2 days ago:
              ROTEL RSX-1057
              B+W LCR60
              B+W ASW600
              B+W DM603 S3 FRONTS
              B+W DM602.5 S3 REARS
              as for the dvd player,im waiting for the new rotels to come in.what i love about this setup is if i change my mind on either the speakers,center,or the sub,i have 1 year to upgrade and get 100% back on what i paid.
              now the waiting is the hardest part. :lol:
              ROTEL RSX-1057
              B+W DM603 S3 FRONTS
              B+W DM602.5 S3 REARS
              B+W LCR60 S3 CENTER
              B+W ASW600 SUB
              PANAMAX 4300
              SALAMANDER SYNERGY SVDO

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"