X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bitjunkie
    • Dec 2003

Newbie and just a couple of ?'s

Hi to all I'm glad I could find this forum,

I'm starting out with a home theater and I was torn between a denon 4802r and what I ended up getting the Rotel RSX-1055 ($1000 on ebay NIB) I at this point have only 4 speakers a pair of B&W dm602 s’3 and a pair of ds6 s'3. I already bought a VTF-3 sub from DR. HSU and I'm saving up some more cash to get the rest of the speakers I need the LCR600 S3 and a pair of 604 S3. and an other Rotel 2 ch amp to power the other pair of B&W's im going to get

My Question to you guys that have lived the upgrades the trade-ins the awe... this sucks moments. I love watching movies and occasional album typically something like Dave Matthews or Blues traveler.

Am I headed in the right direction with this equipment? I want the 604's in the front obviously with the lcr600 as center the ds6 as surround and the 602 as rears.

I also need some recommendations on DVD players do I need a DVD player that cost upwards of $700 to play good progressive scan video.

Just wondering where I should go from here.

Thanks for the attention.

Be who you are And true friendship and love, will be just that. True.
    Be who you are And true friendship and love, will be just that. True.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Do you need a $700 DVD player? No you don't unless you want top notch audio as well. Even then you can get away with a good bit less then that in some models. The Denon 2200 and 2900 are two very highly regard video players that also are universal DVD-A, DVD-V and SACD. The 2200 can be bought for about $400 and the 2900 is about $700 used. If audio isn't that important panasonic and denon both make lower priced players that have exceptional video quality.

I don't have much experience with B&W speakers though so I'll leave that side to someone else.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"