X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveT
    • Sep 2006

Upgrade question RB-1090 vs 1092?

I have a couple of questions about a possible upgrade.

1) Has anyone listened to the new class Rotel Amps the 1092's the 500watt per channel amps? How do they sound compared to the RB1090?

2) What is a good speaker in the say $1,500 to $2,000 range to handle up to 400 to 500 watts per channel? Any popular models/brands?

Thanks,

Steve
  • DL86
    • Sep 2005

I have not heard the 1092, but have a 1090 and really enjoy it. From posts on the forum the 1090 was favored over the 1092 and this is what made my decision on buying the 1090 over the 1092 when I went to purchase it. 1500-2000 USD speaker? I would look at the paradigm studio 100 speaker system, they are soon releasing the new and improved version 4 studio series, so I would say they would be a good pick with a 1092 or 1090 amplifier or a pair of Klipsch RF-7's would also be a good match.

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

I chose the RB-1092 over the RB-1090 due mostly to weight issues. Each day I am ammazed at the sheer quality of sound the 1092 gives me. My mains are N804.

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

Another vote for the RF 7's.
        There closen em out @ 12-$1300 usd wich is a steal.

Comment

• SteveT
          • Sep 2006

Yes DL86, that is in USD. Thanks for the suggestions guys..

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

I suggest the Dynaudio Audience 72's or the Polk Audio Lsi 15's. For right around 2000.00 or a bit less, you will have fantastic speakers in that price class. The RB1090 is alot of power, you can go to the Rb1080 and use the extra cash and get into the Audience 82's which retail for 2800.00. I'd rather have that setup then the other. Spend your money on speakers.

Dan

Comment

• Joey_V
              • Jul 2005

Heard the two - 1090 vs 1092. I would personally go with the 1090. That's what I went with and am very happy with the choice I made.

Joey
              Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
              Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
              System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

You may have a hard time finding a 'new' 1090 - they have been dicontinued in the US.

Comment

• Stevebez
                  • Oct 2003

I got the 1092 running 803D's ... v nice combo and could not be happier.

If the 1090 is better it must be a very fine margin ... If I had the space I would probably give the 1090 a listen - but I plan on getting 3x1092 and 1x1091 for a 7.1 sytem in new house - and there is just no way I have the space for 3 1090's... My 2c.

Bottom line is listen to both ... I took the 1092 blind and am happy after a 1080. Different sound stage - 1080 much more relaxed and no where near the punch of the 1092 which is more in your face and goes REALLY loud - if thats what you want but at same time it is surprisingly accurate & sweet on the high end where I thought it might be prone to be a little vague or fuzzy... bottom end is one of best I have ever heard.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"