X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ecthelion
    • Jan 2006

rb 1092 and rf 7???

ive been reading a lot of opinions(very good) about rf 7 and rb1090 that combo aperently works great however i would be really intrested how those speakers works with more powerfull 1092...iwas ready on settling for kav 400xi but stories about 1090 made me wonder if 1092 could produce similar or even better sound if thats the case chosing rotel over krells(400xi)would be no brainer considering mixed opinions thats 400xi gets ...thank you very much
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

the Krell will give you massively better power and sound in my opinion, i have had both, currently use Krell with my B & W, very happy

good luck

Kurt

Comment

• DL86
      • Sep 2005

You cannot seriously think the 400-xi is better than the rb-1090. I have heard the 400-xi through audio physic virgo III speakers and I don't think they are all that. 400-xi or 1090? 1090 anyday

Comment

• Alex999
        • Jun 2006

1090 all the way

Comment

• kurtholz
          • Feb 2005

i seriously could think it does,

but you can think otherwise, not a problem with me, i was just giving my opinion, plus having gone thru most of Rotel's offerings, i am not impressed at all with anything they make,as usual, it's a subjective opinion,most certainly not agreed upon by a lot of other listener's.

i think it's better to post your opinion, instead of trying to grind someone else's opinion into the ground because you don't agree,especially when that person has experience and a reference quality system

but that is me

Kurt

Comment

• ecthelion
            • Jan 2006

but what about 1092 ?????

Comment

• DL86
              • Sep 2005

Not trying to grind your opinion but I just don't think a 400-xi will surpass a 1090. I also don't think everything rotel makes is that special, but the 1090 to me just stands out of the product range. 1092 or 1090? from what I heard from the majority of people on this forum the 1090 is the preferred amplifier if you have the rack space to accomodate it.

Comment

• kurtholz
                • Feb 2005

dl86

have you heard both in a listening room?

if not, you might defer your opinion to someone who has,again, it's one opinion, but i have heard both hooked up to B & W 803's

Kurt

Comment

• DL86
                  • Sep 2005

I have heard the 400-xi through audio physic virgo III which are priced higher than the 803S here in australia for about 3 hours to songs I listen to everyday at home on my LESSER priced paradigm studio 100v3 speakers with my rb-1090. Yes the 400-xi and virgo III combo helped me decide what source I am going to buy and allow me to distinguish the difference between 3 different cd players i tested out finally deciding on a shanling cd-t80. However at volume levels I listen to the 400-xi did make the sound compressed thus having to turn it down a notch. I listen to rock and I like my sound served the way I like it, the 400-xi missed that mark im guessing it could be due to power limitations. The sound I heard did have levels of refinement that my current set up at home does not, but this could be largely due to me using a receiver as my pre amplifier and a dvd player as my source, will have the cd player in about a week also acting as my pre amplifer, might have a listen again to the same set up at the store just for arguments sake when I go pick the cd player.

I also have heard the new krell evolution line through JM lab's Grand Utopia BE a set up costing something around 200 g here in AUS. Yes, I have heard what the best krell amplifiers can do through the best speakers in the world and yes I was completely blown away at how awesome it sounded. Just using this sound that I heard as a benchmark to anything else I hear

Comment

• ecthelion
                    • Jan 2006

still my list is short :
                    1.kav 400xi
                    2.rb1092
                    3.maybe bel canto e.one s 300iu(with 300w per ..didnt come out yet but im willing to wait) like you see 1090 its not there for a few reasons one its hard for me to get (idont want it used)...by the way while ago i read some opinions dont remember where but the guy listened to 400xi and 1090 and said that krell "walked over 1090 combo(rc 1070)"

Comment

• kurtholz
                      • Feb 2005

ecthelion

you should think about jumping up to a used Krell HTS, at that level, it's a no brainer, also the kav 2250 or 3250 would be in that range also

good luck

Kurt

Comment

• ecthelion
                        • Jan 2006

kav 2250 -its like 4k$ way too much for me and getting this amp knowing me i would have to get kav 280p as a pre thats another 3k....even used still at list 4k for both i dont know man....but thanks for advise ill take alook at it

Comment

• soundhound
                          • Mar 2004

I ran the 1090 thru my RF 7's, I also used the 1080 thru them, either of these does a fine job. The only thing with 7's is your source gear makes a huge difference as they can get "bright". I have since changed source gear, pre and power are both tubed, and the 7's are incredible, bar none (even at their $2200 retail price, anything less makes them a gift).

Comment

• ecthelion
                            • Jan 2006

what gear are you talking about?

Comment

• soundhound
                              • Mar 2004

Pre amp, cd player, tuner, what ever your favorite 2 (or 5) channel audio sources are.

Comment

• Kevin97225
                                • Oct 2004

prefer Rotel RB-1090 over Krell too

I've owned the exact Krell and Rotel RB-1090 amps at the same time, running with my Klipsch RF-7 speakers. The RF-7's are very revealing, stunning, and incredible when setup well teamed with the right everything.... CD, DVD, Pre-Amp, Amp, etc. The Rotel RB-1090/RC-1090 went so well with the Klipsch RF-7 that I sold my Krell and ended up getting another RB-1090. I prefered the RB-1090 over the Krell for my setup with the RF-7's. I'm still amazed the performance from this setup with the RF-7 that I hear nothing that sounds better than this combo, even with systems costing many more times what I paid for this setup! I'm extremely happy with both Rotel and Klipsch.

Teaming the right components with speakers signatures is important, you really learn this when you try a lot of different combos as I have. I'm really set on this combo because I haven't been able to want to change anything with how incredible it sounds. ;x( :T

Comment

• Kevin97225
                                  • Oct 2004

ecthelion, Sorry I can't be of more help with the Rotel RB-1092 and Klipsch RF-7 help you seek. I have not heard the RB-1092 with the RF-7's yet. I've had a couple of people tell me from the forums that it sounds good with the RF-7's but a bit different from the RB-1090 sound and tend to be in more favor of the RB-1090, except for one guy on the audio/video forum that says he upgraded to the RB-1092 with his RF-7 and seems to be happy with the result....... Just did a search on Google to find it again but seems Google isn't working as good as it used to?? If I find it again, I'll send you the link.

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"