• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Bi Amping With RMB 1077

I just ordered a RMB 1077 to power my 5.1 B&W FPM system today. :lol:

I got into a conversation with my dealer about using the other two channels to bi amp my mains (FPM 6s). Two things came up in conversation which id like to get some feedback and clarification on.

1. Would any noticable difference be heard noticed Bi amping the mains considering they are FPMs not something like 803s.

2.FPMs unlike most B&W speakers only have 1 set of L and R speaker wire inputs. My dealer told me that in order to Bi amp you need 2 sets. True or untrue?

On a side note he mentioned that he recently installed a 1077 with FPMs and was absolutley speachless along side the client with the results. A noticable step up from the 1095 which the client was considering it against. Cant wait to see/hear the change from my RSX 1067.
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Your 1077 has alot of Balls relative to the FPM's. I would say that it is excessive as an amp for those speakers. I loved my FPM's and they were powered with a Yamaha receiver. If I am you I figure out a way buy two more and make it 7.1. By the way, I have two 1077's running my whole-house audio. I have never heard a better in-ceiling system.
    STew
    Stew

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Bi-Amp 1077

Vancouver,

You need two inputs on a given speaker in order to bi-amp. The FPM's do not have this capability. You'll be able to use 5 channels of the 1077 (you can use the other two on a second zone). I have a 1077. I'm quite sure the FPM's will love the the power and control of the 1077. I upgraded from a 1095 to the 1077, powering N804's and an HTM1. I'm very happy with the move. The 1067 is an excellent receiver. However, the dedicated amp is a good move.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

thanks for the feedback. My dealer is gret and gives me full trade in on my gear when i upgrade so its a no brainer. It will all be running off a Richard Grey RGPS 600 and Pole Pig combo. Ill take some photos and let you know how the FPMs react to the change. Ill think about a 7.1 or second zone.

Comment

• nikos
          • Dec 2005

Just to clarify what HTSTEVE said...

DO NOT try to bi-amp with if the speaker only has a single binding post.

You will fry something...as you will be shorting the two amp channels.

So the answer to your question no 2 is TRUE
          Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"