X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

My RMB-1077 thoughts.

This thing is AMAZING!!! We just had a 30th anniversary event at our store and we had all the manufacturers in the store doing demos of their products. B&W/Rotel/Runco had a room set up with Rotel 1098/RDV-1092/RMB-1077 and also a Toshiba HDDVD running to a Runco RS1100 1080p projector. THe video was stunning to say the least!.....but the audio.....look out.

B&W 803D, HTM2D, and 4 LCR8 for surrounds and the ASW855 sub. I could not believe the volume, dynamics, detail and clarity that little amp provided to the speaker system in that room. It was unreal....and when the rep pointed out to the audience the only amplifier in the system after the demo, everyone went 'ooh' 'ahh' etc. Fascinating piece of technology in both design and execution. I am sold. I would definitely consider that amp for my own home cinema system.
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
    This thing is AMAZING!!! We just had a 30th anniversary event at our store and we had all the manufacturers in the store doing demos of their products. B&W/Rotel/Runco had a room set up with Rotel 1098/RDV-1092/RMB-1077 and also a Toshiba HDDVD running to a Runco RS1100 1080p projector. THe video was stunning to say the least!.....but the audio.....look out.

B&W 803D, HTM2D, and 4 LCR8 for surrounds and the ASW855 sub. I could not believe the volume, dynamics, detail and clarity that little amp provided to the speaker system in that room. It was unreal....and when the rep pointed out to the audience the only amplifier in the system after the demo, everyone went 'ooh' 'ahh' etc. Fascinating piece of technology in both design and execution. I am sold. I would definitely consider that amp for my own home cinema system.
    I just ordered a 1077 today with a 1068 to replace my RSX 1067. I have 15 HD DVD tittles with 7 more on pre-order. This will be a great season.

By the time the 1068 and 1077 come in I should have Batman Begins on HD DVD (it has Dolby TruHD!!). I am anticipating that will be my best Home Theater (even cinima) experience to date. :T

HD DVDs on a Toshiba A1 look better then ANY SD DVD on ANY SD DVD player...and it only costs $600 CDN!! Not to mention there are some great HD DVD tittles. 5 HD DVD tittles are in the top 100 selling on Amazone.com :W

Comment

• Eliav
      • Jul 2005

Congrats.
      The 1068 is a GREAT pre/pro, it is very musical and does a wonderful job !
      You will enjoy it very much for any audio/video job it will engage with !
      Cheers
      Eliav
      :T Socrat

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"