X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • global
    • Sep 2006

1057 and 1092

Hello i just bought the 1057 reciever and the 1092 dvd and im very pleased after being a pioneer user for many years i finally took the plunge into the world of real sound.I mainly bought the Rotel because they sounded so good with my Monitor audios what do you guys think of the combo and finally a big thanks i spawned this site for advice and opinions about Rotels quality and sound and it gave me a lot of help so thanks guys.
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Welcome to the world of Rotel. Unfortunately, I'm still a 'wanna be' at the moment, but hope to take the plunge soon, at least in the amp department...

Not sure what I'll end up with my pre/pro, as I can get some use out of my old Yamaha for now until HDMI 1.3 and Dolby True HD / DTS MA decoding are avaialble on the pro side.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Clepto
      Welcome to the world of Rotel. Unfortunately, I'm still a 'wanna be' at the moment, but hope to take the plunge soon, at least in the amp department...

Not sure what I'll end up with my pre/pro, as I can get some use out of my old Yamaha for now until HDMI 1.3 and Dolby True HD / DTS MA decoding are avaialble on the pro side.

If you get an A1 you can be sure to get a lot of use of any current Pre, or reciever with analog bypass. Its the newer generation of HD DVD players that will force you to get a Pre or Reciever with HDMi1.3 becuase the A2 has no 5.1 analog output and the XA2 has both 1.3 and analog but is going to cost over $1000 USD (out in Jan 1007).

For $500-$600 you can get the A1 and enjoy TruHD. You will probably be able to hang onto it for at least 1-2 years before you are forced to change. Toshibe has anounced they will continue to release firmware support for the A1 until 2008. At this point the only negatives to buy an A1 in my opinion is the slow load time, looks of the machine itself and remote possibility HD DVD pulls out. LOL...looking back nothing in my system accept for some cables has lasted that long before getting replaced, regardless of formats.

The A1 is a steal right now with some great tittles out today and around the corner.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"