X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tubby
    • Feb 2005

RSX-1067 HUM issue

I just got my second 1067 and it hums just like the first one. Why can't Rotel build a reliable product. I went throght 3 RSX-1056 a couple of years ago due to video upconversion problems and finally gave up and bought a Denon. I do like the Rotel sound and since I do not need video switching anymore I sold my Denon and bought a 1067 about a month ago. That one had a hum which the dealer could confirm so I have waited 2 weeks and this one is the same thing. I read another guy had 4 of these units and finally gave up. I guess I am ready to throw in the towel as well. Is there anybody else with hum problems with the 1067? Any suggestions for a good receiver?
  • WI Rotel
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Tubby
    I just got my second 1067 and it hums just like the first one. Why can't Rotel build a reliable product. I went throght 3 RSX-1056 a couple of years ago due to video upconversion problems and finally gave up and bought a Denon. I do like the Rotel sound and since I do not need video switching anymore I sold my Denon and bought a 1067 about a month ago. That one had a hum which the dealer could confirm so I have waited 2 weeks and this one is the same thing. I read another guy had 4 of these units and finally gave up. I guess I am ready to throw in the towel as well. Is there anybody else with hum problems with the 1067? Any suggestions for a good receiver?
    Mine hummed too! I returned it for an RMB 1095 and RSP 1068. Haven't looked back since.

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

That may be a resultant of too many products in one box - go seperates.

Comment

• Wardo
        • May 2006

my first HT system was a Yamaha DSP A1. It was humming also, after painstaking trouble shooting i found it was a grounding problem. If you have a cable box linked into your audio system you will need to ground them together then make sure they have a common ground to the panel.

Eddie

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Wardo
          my first HT system was a Yamaha DSP A1. It was humming also, after painstaking trouble shooting i found it was a grounding problem. If you have a cable box linked into your audio system you will need to ground them together then make sure they have a common ground to the panel.

Eddie
          Like Eddie mentioned most of the supposed "bad" Rotels are actually ground loop hums. Try adressing that issue and see if it fixes your problem. Though if the dealer had the same issue you could just be very unlucky
          Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

On that same note, our showroom is one of the LAST places I would want to be testing humming audio gear in. With so many different lighting types, video sources, and everything somehow connected together we seem to chase down a ground loop every week.

Kevin D.

Comment

• JBall
              • Oct 2004

i bought the 1067 over a year ago, it is fantastic. I had the hum and posted alot about it. the problem was the comcast digital cable box and a ground loop. I first bought a monster power unit which took care of it, later i did something and it came back. i took a small wire and crimped on an eye on each end, backed out a screw on the comcast box and the 1067, scrwed in the wire to each unit, NO hum at all. I agree, shouldn't have to do this, but not much trouble and once set up you never touch it again. the 1067 is worth every penny, good lcuk
              Last edited by JBall; 13 September 2006, 22:52 Wednesday. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Tubby
                • Feb 2005

My units are huming with nothing but speakers connected.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"