X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jraducha
    • Aug 2004

Rsx 1067

I have a question about the RSX 1067. I have one and I would like to play my playstation in 5.1 and use my other 2 channels to listen to music. What do I need to do to make this happen. I was reading the user manual and it tells me that I need a seperate amp to do this. I thought there was 7 amps in the RSX1067. If I am mistaken please let me know how it all works. Thanks
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

You need to redirect the center back channels to power zone 2. You do this from the default screen on the OSD. You have to reset the unit to factory defaults to make the redirect feature actually take effect though. In doing this you will erase all your settings so you might want to write them down if you do not know what they are.

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• Jraducha
      • Aug 2004

That didnt work for me. What else do I have to do??? thanks

I went in to the OSD and to default and reset it. then went in to default and selected rears for redirect..but the setting wont stay... it reverts to NO all the time...i need like an apply button....

I feel like i just waisted $$$ on some rears if i need to get another amp to make this work...
      Last edited by Jraducha; 16 December 2004, 03:35 Thursday. Reason: wanna explain what i have done...

Comment

• GosonFletchy
        • May 2004

You need to redirect the speakers and then move the cursor to the factory default and do the reset while you are still in the default screen. This will make the redirect actually take effect.

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• Jraducha
          • Aug 2004

It works great thanks for all the help!

Comment

• Jraducha
            • Aug 2004

so if i have it hooked up for the 6 and 7 channel to be zone 2 do I loose the ability to listen to music in 7 channel and for movies in 7.1? cause when i get to speakers in the OSD I cant get them to make any noise to test them. but they do work under zone 2..im so confused...thanks...

Comment

• Scherr
              • Dec 2003

You need a two channel amp to do that. Once you assign the 6th and 7th channels to zone 2, you lose the ability to use them for the back center surrounds.

Scott

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

While technically you could switch back and forth as needed, the reset procedure changes all of your settings back to default, so that's not really an option either... (Just hedging the next question )

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"