X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmensi
    • Aug 2006

powering paradigm studio 100's

Just purchased Paradigm studio 100's,CC center channel and inwall rears. I am looking for Rotel equipment to power these any ideas? Use would be for 50/50 music and movies with a large room 16 x 21 to fill.
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

A few options here - you could do a 1090 for the 100s and a 1095 for the rest maybe? Some like to have the front 3 on the same type of amp, so you could also use a 1095 all around if you like.
    Danish

Comment

• Wardo
      • May 2006

Or you could get nuts like me and get 2 Rb1090's and a 1095. Nothing like it.

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

If I had a pair of Studio 100 v3 speakers I would audition the RB-1090 and the RB-1092. I've got a funny feeling that both amps will sound great! That's the key combination to get sorted out. Then I'd worry about the centre and surrounds.

Nigel.

Comment

• DL86
          • Sep 2005

rb-1090 or rb-1092 definatly. Best rotel amplifier to match the 100's. If you can afford it go for it. If your on a tight budget go for the rb-1080. I have both the 1090 and 1080 and there is a "difference" to be heard which favors the 1090 in a number of ways.

Comment

• frank1203
            • Apr 2006

I have Paradigm Studio 100 (V3) - front; CC570 Center; Studio 20's - rear and PW 2100 Sub. I use the Rotel RMB-1075 Bi-Amped to the fronts and the Center and the RSX-1056 powering the rears. I have had this set up for about 8 months. I like it but those Studio 100's are power hungry and better sound is achieved the more I crank up the volume.

Message for Wardo - I see that you have pretty much the same Paradigm Speaker gear as I do. Question on the CC570.. No question, it is a kick butt speaker, but what an eye sore! That thing is huge! How do you have it set up? I have a unique issue because my Plasma is over the fireplace and there is no room for the CC570 over or under it, so I have it set up on a Premier Stand on the hearth. Not the best location and definitley won't make Good House Keeping magazine. It also obviously has to be unplugged when I use the fireplace. Anybody have any Ideas?

Comment

• june
              • Feb 2005

Hello All,

I have the 100's v2 & the CC center and use Rotel's RSP-985 MkII. How much improvement if I upgraded? And which amp?
              June
              "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Wardo
                • May 2006

Originally posted by frank1203
                I have Paradigm Studio 100 (V3) - front; CC570 Center; Studio 20's - rear and PW 2100 Sub. I use the Rotel RMB-1075 Bi-Amped to the fronts and the Center and the RSX-1056 powering the rears. I have had this set up for about 8 months. I like it but those Studio 100's are power hungry and better sound is achieved the more I crank up the volume.

Message for Wardo - I see that you have pretty much the same Paradigm Speaker gear as I do. Question on the CC570.. No question, it is a kick butt speaker, but what an eye sore! That thing is huge! How do you have it set up? I have a unique issue because my Plasma is over the fireplace and there is no room for the CC570 over or under it, so I have it set up on a Premier Stand on the hearth. Not the best location and definitley won't make Good House Keeping magazine. It also obviously has to be unplugged when I use the fireplace. Anybody have any Ideas?
                Sounds like you're doing what you need to be doing, you don't want to light that baby on fire.....lol
                To answer your question, I have my CC570 bi-amped with my 1095, it rocks!

Comment

• meltdown
                  • Apr 2006

Hooked up my new 100's yesterday, what a difference from my monitor 9's. Glad that I picked up the rb 1090 to match. The 100's really shine when they are run in stereo spinning vinyl. Well spent money in my book, certainly worth the coin.

Comment

• Wardo
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by meltdown
                    Hooked up my new 100's yesterday, what a difference from my monitor 9's. Glad that I picked up the rb 1090 to match. The 100's really shine when they are run in stereo spinning vinyl. Well spent money in my book, certainly worth the coin.
                    I'm gald to hear that meltdown! If you're a rocker I don't think there is a much better combination of equipment.

Eddie

Comment

• meltdown
                      • Apr 2006

I understand that there is a long break in period for the towers, but they sounded good, right off the cuff. First sound throgh them was a 180 grain SRV that I picked up. They were impressive.

Comment

• scient
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Wardo
                        Or you could get nuts like me and get 2 Rb1090's and a 1095. Nothing like it.
                        Nuts is putting it mildly!! ;x(

I run my 100's off the 1056 ops: looking to add on the anthem mca 20 and 50 though...

Is the 1090 going to sound better than the MCA20's??

Comment

• scient
                          • Feb 2005

btw I see the price for the RB-1091 on the price list but not the RB-1090. Can anyone tell me what it is going for?

Comment

• Kevin97225
                            • Oct 2004

The RB-1090 goes for $2,000.00 or a little less if you can get your dealer to give you a discount. I've seen them listed used for as low as $1300.00 for ok condition and a little higher for mint.

Comment

• Wardo
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by scient
                              Nuts is putting it mildly!! ;x(

I run my 100's off the 1056 ops: looking to add on the anthem mca 20 and 50 though...

Is the 1090 going to sound better than the MCA20's??
                              You are going to add a MCA20 and a MCA50? 10 channels?
                              Do I think the 1090 will sound better than the MCA 20 & 50? Yes I do, hands down. if you want to beat the RB 1090 & RMB 1095 in clarity and sound preasure you will need to jump up to the Anthem Stament line of amplifiers. But the MCA's are very good amps.

Eddie
                              Last edited by Wardo; 18 September 2006, 17:53 Monday.

Comment

• dmensi
                                • Aug 2006

looking for more I think

Thanks guys for your info. Picked up my Paradigm Studio 100's, center and rears yesterday and have been trying to dial them in. So far I am pleased with the sound, but would like a little more push from them so I probably will be looking for a used RB1090 or RB1080 just to drive the 100's. Although my wife thinks they sound fine. Little does she know.

David

Comment

• meltdown
                                  • Apr 2006

100's

He He, mine has'nt even noticed the swap yet, and I've had them for a week.

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"