X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slarson
    • Nov 2004

CineNova or RMB-1095?

Has anyone ever compared the CineNova Grande to the RMB-1095?
    I'm currently using a Pioneer Elite VSX-39TX with Paradigm Studio 100s v.3, CC570 and, ADP-470s v.3
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

The 1095 is nice. I hear good things about the cinenova as well. They just have a rather shady looking website and their amp is not all that aesthetically pleasing. The Cinenova is a powerful beast... or so it seems. There are several big fans of the Cinenova in this forum. I am sure they will let you know their feelings.

Stew

btw my 1095 is in the pawnshop. I am upgrading to Classe.
    Stew

Comment

• pembroke
      • Jun 2005

I had the 1095 with a Bryston running front left and front right, the 1095 was less refined for stereo but a good multi-channel HT amp. I tested the Anthem Statement P5 which was even better than the Bryston, much to my suprise, and bought it. Ideally I wanted to also compare the Cinenova but couldn't find a local dealer with a demo. Bottom line - the 1095 is great VFM but you really need to compare it with the Cinenova (which should be similar to Anthem based on reviews), system synergy is more important.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

CineNova Grande will crush the 1095.

I've listened to both side by side and the CineNova is just over all a much more powerful and better amp.

I did however go with the 1095 because it's not bad at all and I got a great deal on a full Rotel setup. But if I had had to do it all over again I think the CineNova would be sitting in my setup.

That thing is a huge beast though, be leary of it as it's extremely heavy!!!

But pushing out around 330-340watts a channel, it has to be. Plus it's nice that they are all mono blocks, so every speaker is pushed exactly the same.

The CineNova is a tad bit more forward and brighter than the Rotel I think.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

It's so hard to judge without both being in the same system. Years ago I demo'd the RMB1095 vs a Krell Standard 5 channel amp (Kav) and the Rotel couldn't keep up anywhere. The speakers probably had much to do with it(Martin Logan).Huge difference in price between the amps and justified with the listening.

In my experience you mostly get what you pay for. In audio , once you reach a certain level, things close to it's price class is going to be a personal taste issue. Also the demands of the room, speakers, etc will also play a role in what amp is the right choice.

Rotel seems to hold true to there sound. They don't shy much up and down the line.Other companies kinda do the same thing. I guess what I'm saying after the smoke clears, you have to find "your sound".

Good luck,

Dan

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

Question...shouldn't the CineNova Grande be a better amp?....the list price is more than twice that of the 1095.

Comment

• grit
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dmantis
              In my experience you mostly get what you pay for. In audio , once you reach a certain level, things close to it's price class is going to be a personal taste issue. Also the demands of the room, speakers, etc will also play a role in what amp is the right choice.
              <<SNIP>>
              I guess what I'm saying after the smoke clears, you have to find "your sound".

Good luck,

Dan
              Well put Dan.

Comment

• slarson
                • Nov 2004

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm leaning towards the CineNova because I can get it for just little more than the 1095; also I like the modular design.

Thanks...

Comment

• raider
                  • Dec 2004

Slarson,you amy want to check out the anthem p5 before you pull the trigger as it has totally independent power suplies including separate 875 va transformers for each monoblock amp.
                  I think the cinenova only has one transformer at 3.6 kva for all its monoblocks.
                  I own the p5 and its one hell of an amp :<)
                  It Is What It Is 8)

Comment

• slarson
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by raider
                    Slarson,you amy want to check out the anthem p5 before you pull the trigger as it has totally independent power suplies including transformers for each monoblock amp.
                    I think the cinenova only has two transformers for all its monoblocks.
                    I own the p5 and its one hell of an amp :<)
                    Raider,

I was thinking the same thing. I can get a new one for $3499; I think it would be a good match for my Studio 100s v.3. The downside is that I would not be able to afford a processor until the spring if I do. Do you think my Pioneer Elite vsx-39tx would sound ok with the P5?

Comment

• raider
                      • Dec 2004

slarson you must be in canada to get that price!!! Go for it!
                      You won,t be disappointed!!!!
                      Not sure about the Elite,but from what i rememeber that's the high end version of the pioneer line and as long as it has preamp outputs it should work very well!!!
                      It Is What It Is 8)

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"