X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

1068 and 804 issue

Ok I need some advise, I tried a search and not much came up or maybe I am using the wrong critera.

I have the Rotel 1068 and the 1075. My issue is with the 1068. I use a Velodyne SPL1200r and hooked it up to the 1068. I tried the speaker level at LARGE and to me this sounds the best. However, I got no action to the sub. I have the crossover set at 60 hertz so all the low end should be redirected to the sub.

When I change the 804s to SMALL then the sound changes and the low end comes out the sub and everything above 60 hertz goes to the 804s.

I want to keep the setting to the Large as this to me allows more sound from the 804s as it should be. What am I doing wrong? Or am I missing a step?

Would not the 804s + 8O sub both receive low end signal when set to large? I want the 804s to go full range. If not then I would have bought the 805s.

I know the issue is with the 1068 and the settings. I have gone over the manual several times and have adjusted the settings several times back and forth. Thanks for any help or advise anyone can give.

Dan
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

If you set any speakers to large you do not get sub output unless you use the setting that allows sub output with large speakers on the menu.

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

Do yourself a favor and set your speakers to small and adjust the crossover to your preference.

Comment

• Boone38
        • Dec 2004

I have the sub set to max and the fronts set to large and this seems to help.

However this is not the normal setting. Will continue to play around wth the setting and see what all I can do. Thanks for the input./

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Like other's have said, I wouldn't recommend setting them to large. If you want more bass out of the 804's set them to small and set the front crossover to 40hz. Under the speaker setup, go to advanced and you can set the crossover separately for each speaker group.

The sub crossover setting applies just to the sub output. The advanced speaker crossover applies to speakers set to small only. Setting the sub to MAX doubles the bass output and is generally not the best setup.

Setting a speaker to LARGE does not send any of that bass to the sub, unless the sub is set to MAX.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Boone38
            • Dec 2004

Thanks for the input. I will revise the settings tonight. Setting the crossover to 40 hertz on the fronts will give me the lower bass.

Thanks ;x(

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"