X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bvbellomo
    • Mar 2013

Large without sub

If I had 2 front speakers flat down to 20hz set to large, a home theater reciever, no sub, and a 5.1 movie track with a LFE channel - would the LFE channel redirect to the front? Or would it be discarded? I know some recievers may do things differently, and have a yamaha aventage ax3000, but wondered what most recievers do.
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

it is my understanding that when an AVR is set to 'Large' for the front main speakers, the full range unabridged signal is delivered to them.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Bill is correct. You must also tell the AVR that you have no sub (Important!) .....center or surrounds.

Mains set to large and the AVR will matrix everything into your 2 main speakers.......Including LFE.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Even if you have a center and surrounds and only had your front speakers set to large and hte others set to small it would still route LFE to your 2 mains.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"