X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • May 2004

RSP-1068 Confused?!?

Hi evryone. Does someone have an answer to this?

When playing a CD in 2 CH Stereo:

SPEAKER SETUP Menu
    Fronts: Large
    Sub: YES

SUBWOOFER SETUP Menu
    Crossover:OFF

RSP-1068 Indicates on the front panel display: FL FR SW
    Front speakers should play full range of sound.

Question 1
    Why does it display SW?
    I can't hear any output from the sub.
    Only until I configure the SPEAKER SETUP Menu to "Sub: NO" does the display indicate the FL FR.

Isn't this what I want?

Question 2
    With the above configuration (Fronts set to Large) but Sub setup crossover set to say, 80Hz, how would this differ to having the crossover set to OFF?

It shouldn't matter should it?

Since the Fronts are configured to Large (they get full range of sound), I don't understand why any sound should be played through the Subwoofer.

I'm confused? Anyone else?

Raptor
  • Raptor
    • May 2004

Do I have everyone stumped on this?

Surely somebody has experienced the same problems here in this great forum.
    I'm overwhelmed at the responses so far, so please feel free to suggest an answer! :T

Raptor

Comment

• RACER4551
      • Apr 2004

Ok i will try to help if i can,to answer your first question,if you have the sub set to on it should show up in the screen with the fr,fl and the sub should have output ,how much depends on the sub volume,where the crossovers are set and the source of matierial being played.If you press the two channel button twice it should give you the option with or without sub.(THATS ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE SUB SET TO ON)To answer your second question,with the sub cross at 80 means that the sub is only getting 80htz and below of the source that the mains are playing,when the sub crossover is set to off then it would receive a unfiltered full range signal as long as it is set to on in the speaker menu.Hope this helps.P.S I had to read the owners manual numerous times to understand how the bass management works

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

Check out this thread: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=11541
        It may be usefull as it covers a simular question...
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• booktrunk
          • Aug 2004

I always understood it still shows up the subwoofer icon, even when not using it.

So the display says subwoofer but it's not using it.

I've got a Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro hooked up between the 1068 and my subwoofer, and with the fronts set to large for stereo, the 1068 shows the subwoofer icon, but the behringer shows that nothing is actually going to it, so I just ignore the little icon.

Hope this is of some help? Depending on what sub you have can you just stick your hand just above the woofer and you would be able to feel if it's in use or not, or just unplug the L & R speakers, so you can hear if it's actually using the sub.

EDIT: Forgot to say I also have it set to "off" for stereo, in the subwoofer setup... (going mad now... sure it's off not MAX ... ) oh well I know what I mean even if no-one else in the world does!!

Steff
          "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• Bostonears
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by weijst
            Check out this thread: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=11541
            It may be usefull as it covers a simular question...
            The key point from that thread is this:
            Originally posted by basementjack2
            If you are listening to 2 channel, with LARGE front speakers
            and you set the sub to...
            No = No sub
            YES = No sub for 2ch
            MAX = Duplication of low freq found on LARGE FRONT Speakers sent to sub, up to subs crossover freqency setting, Frequency setting on FRONT is Irrelevant, it is set to LARGE so it's getting 20hz-20khz.
            So, with 2 channel input, the sub doesn't do anything unless it's set to MAX. The indicators on the front panel only tell you which speakers are configured as being present, not which speakers are actually being used for any given signal.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"