X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Class D amps, RDV-1092 power supplies

With all the discussion here recently regarding the RB-1091/92 and now the interest in the RDV-1092, I find one aspect curiously absent from these discussions: nobody has mentioned the fact that the RDV-1092 uses a switching power supply just like the class D amps. No more torroid.

I do wonder if the qualities noticed in the class D amps may also show up in the RDV-1092 to some extent? Of course it is possible that all these sonic qualities people are hearing are not all entirely due to the switching power supply. Perhaps it is not as significant in a disc player as it is in an amp. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this as it would relate to the disc players analog output?
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

Gianni, where did you get that information?. I can't find much info about the 1092.

Another question: should'nt it be cheaper if it is not using the expensive toroidal power supplies?

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Vicente
      Gianni, where did you get that information?. I can't find much info about the 1092.

Another question: should'nt it be cheaper if it is not using the expensive toroidal power supplies?
      Straight from Rotel's website.

Comment

• fordster
        • Feb 2005

Correct me if I wrong (as I often am!) but don't all Rotel's DVD players use a switching power supply? I'm sure my RDV-1060 does. It's probably not necessary for a DVD player to use a toroidal PSU.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"