Is Rotel phasing out all the non-Class D amps?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey_V
    • Jul 2005

Is Rotel phasing out all the non-Class D amps?

As the title states... is Rotel phasing out all production of Class AB amps in favor of ramping Class D production? Or are they going to produce both products and let the customer decide which to buy?

Thanks!

Joey :T
    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Joey,

My understanding is that Rotel are very excited about the quality of their class D amps... They may phase out the RB-1090 (though there is market push back to this so it could be retained). However so far they are planning to keep all other current 10 series amps while there is strong demand (basically they sell all that they can make)...

In the longer term they are expecting the technology cost structure to evolve an the class D amps gradually dominate - hence them becoming early adopters...

Geoff

Comment

• Kobus
      • Aug 2005

The market will decide. It will be a long process however.

Kobus

Comment

• bleeding ears
        • Nov 2004

I suspect that in order to stay competitive and profitable Rotel would have to go fully to class D amps eventually, however this would probably take some time. It may take some time before the patents expire and the other manufacturers can make similar products

At the moment class d seems expensive but when the chinese or Koreans get hold of this technology and start pushing out these amps at prices much lower than the current analogue amps I think Rotel will have to make the change to survive.

I only hope that the Rotel Class D amps will sound substantially better than ultra cheap amps that are sure to come from other manufacturers.

I think the panasonic receivers with class d amplification are a good example of what is to come, they are well priced and apparently sound very good for their price.

Anyway if Rotel can get these class d amps to sound good and are at good prices, why not dump analogue.

Pete

Comment

• DL86
          • Sep 2005

It will all come down to what sounds better for the money your willing to spend.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"