X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David L.
    • Jul 2006

Help setting up RSP-1068

I recently purchased a used RSP-1068 and I'm having trouble setting it up, so I hope someone here can help me.

I'm trying to set up the speakers using the test tone but have no sound coming from the rear spakers. The processor is set to Video 4 Dolby PLIIx C and all speakers are set to small.

I set the volume at 75dB with an SPL meter and adjusted the front left, center and front right speakers with no problem. The rear speakers were generating a loud hum (whether highlighted or not) but no test tone. I shut everything down, checked my speaker connections and powered it back up. Now no sound at all, not even the hum.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or perhaps problems with the unit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Double check and make sure you are on the rear outputs, not the rear inputs or center rear outputs.

Try moving your rear RCA's to the front outputs just to rule out your RCA's and / or rear amp.

Kevin D.

Comment

• David L.
      • Jul 2006

Thanks Kevin I'll check when I get home from work. I also noticed that my left and right front would go on and off when I barely touched the connections at the processor. Don't know if this is part of the problem or an additional one.

Thanks again and I'll let you know how I make out.

Comment

• David L.
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
        Double check and make sure you are on the rear outputs, not the rear inputs or center rear outputs.

Try moving your rear RCA's to the front outputs just to rule out your RCA's and / or rear amp.

Kevin D.
        I checked the connections as suggested and they're on the correct outputs. When I moved the RCA's (processor end), I got sound out of the rear speakers but no sound from the front.

Any other suggestions that you can think of, or do you think it's time to call Rotel and set up a repair?

Thanks.

Comment

• joetama
          • May 2006

That sounds like a real issue right there.... The things I would check is making sure you have the rears turned on. Other than that if you check your amps and such sounds like you may have another issue with the processor it's self..... Good luck....
          -Joe

Comment

• David L.
            • Jul 2006

The people at Rotel have been great!

I dropped off the processor yesterday on my way to work and 2 hours later I got a phone call stating that it was fixed. They replaced the Digital PCB and updated the software while it was there. I picked it up this morning and everything is fine.

This was my first experience with Rotel's customer service and it was been extremely positive. From the receptionist to the technicians, top notch all the way! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"