X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iggurk
    • Jun 2006

Hey Voxy!

Quite a long time we didn't receive news from you, did you finally mod your pre-amp?

Yves

Comment

• Iggurk
      • Jun 2006

Still no news from Voxy, I hope that he didn't toast his pre-amp....

McLoki still happy with the mods?

Comment

• McLoki
        • Feb 2007

Very happy with the mods. I am so happy with them, I do not know if I should try to press on further or just enjoy what I have.

It is everything I hoped for and more. I only replaced the opamps on the pre-out board though. I do not know if I should try and replace others (dsp board and 7.1 inputs come to mind) or not but for now I am very happy.

I was not that happy with the NAD sound in my system. Nice Pre/Pro, just not the synergy with my system I was looking for. Since I have made the mods, I am very happy with the NAD and it is working great with my system.

As opposed to prior to the mods - I feel no need at all to replace the NAD now.

Michael
        Mains............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
        Center...........Polk LSiC
        Surrounds......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - Wood sides removed)
        Subwoofer.....SVS 25-31 CS+ (20hz tune)
        Pre\Pro..........NAD T163
        Amplifier........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)

Comment

• Fishy
          • Jul 2004

Now if only there was someone in the UK who I could just send the modules to for upgrading... I'm not that good with a soldering iron.

Fish

Comment

• Iggurk
            • Jun 2006

Hi Fishy!

Which pre-amp do you own? the 1098?

You want to mod only the op-amp?

I'm sure you can find someone within your city that can do that for you.

The most difficult part is to unsolder the chips, for that I use a very small tool especially designed for smd.

Soldering isn't too difficult, just use thin solder.

Yves

Comment

• Fishy
              • Jul 2004

Yves, yes I have the 1098. I would happily mod all of them.

Thin solder and a very steady hand.

Fish

Comment

• Man To Man
                • Apr 2007

Voxy,

Where did you download the 1068 schematic from?

Henry

Comment

• Iggurk
                  • Jun 2006

Hello!

You can find it here: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/rotel_32.html

Seems that Voxy left the forum.... :-(

Yves

Comment

• Man To Man
                    • Apr 2007

Thanks Yves

Comment

• kate*
                      • Apr 2015

Hello Guys,

I am so sorry to revive such an old thread, but I really need to ask.

I have an old RSP-1098 that I still love and use, of course it lacks all the new stuff out there, but for HDMI switch I use an equally old VP50pro and a Dabelet device.

I have a friend, who is a computer engineer, he said he can help me swap the chips, for free, however, since he never fiddled with amplifies and Rotel, he asked me precise instructions, I know I need to replace a few op-amps, to a better one.. OPA627, if not mistaken... How many of those should I buy to improve MULTI-IN, Pre-outs, and at least 2 other analog inputs?

Do I only need the OPAMPs? Is there any kind of the adaptors? Also.. I checked Farnell Newark and Digikey, and I found:

- OPA627AP;
                      - OPA627AUE4;
                      - OPA627AU;

Which one should I buy?

Please anyone, some help? And again, sorry for re-living such an old thread.

Comment

• Iggurk
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by kate*
                        Hello Guys,

I am so sorry to revive such an old thread, but I really need to ask.

I have an old RSP-1098 that I still love and use, of course it lacks all the new stuff out there, but for HDMI switch I use an equally old VP50pro and a Dabelet device.

I have a friend, who is a computer engineer, he said he can help me swap the chips, for free, however, since he never fiddled with amplifies and Rotel, he asked me precise instructions, I know I need to replace a few op-amps, to a better one.. OPA627, if not mistaken... How many of those should I buy to improve MULTI-IN, Pre-outs, and at least 2 other analog inputs?

Do I only need the OPAMPs? Is there any kind of the adaptors? Also.. I checked Farnell Newark and Digikey, and I found:

- OPA627AP;
                        - OPA627AUE4;
                        - OPA627AU;

Which one should I buy?

Please anyone, some help? And again, sorry for re-living such an old thread.
                        Hi!

Quite a long time I tweaked my 1098 (still used nearly everyday), but from what I remember :

OP627 are single opamps, you will need two of them to replace the stocks dual Opamps (TL072C & OPA2604AP if I'm right) from the Rotel.

Stock:

Click image for larger version

Name:	zKkV675.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	935668

Name:	v9Y5Xyd.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	935669

Modded:

Name:	hxvpRN8.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	443.6 KB
ID:	935670

Name:	QK0qWt8.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	935671

I recommend you to consider the following two modules :

Best regards

Yves
                        Last edited by theSven; 02 May 2023, 20:04 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• kate*
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Iggurk
                          Hi!

Quite a long time I tweaked my 1098 (still used nearly everyday), but from what I remember :

OP627 are single opamps, you will need two of them to replace the stocks dual Opamps (TL072C & OPA2604AP if I'm right) from the Rotel.

Stock:

Click image for larger version  Name:	zKkV675.jpg Views:	0 Size:	279.3 KB ID:	935668

Click image for larger version  Name:	v9Y5Xyd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.6 KB ID:	935669

Modded:

Click image for larger version  Name:	hxvpRN8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	443.6 KB ID:	935670

Click image for larger version  Name:	QK0qWt8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.0 KB ID:	935671

I recommend you to consider the following two modules :

Best regards

Yves

Hello Yves and thank you!

How many modules should I buy? I would like to improve multi-in, pre-outs and 2 analog inputs.

and where do they go? I mean.. You have used 2 different components, right? a pair in place of the TL072C and another for the OPA2604, right?

THank you!
                          Last edited by theSven; 02 May 2023, 20:06 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• wkhanna
                            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2006

FWIW......you may want to check these out.
                            I will be installing them in my Carver C-19 pre-amp shortly....

LINK
                            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"