X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • focus
    • Mar 2006

Picture gets Black & White with up conversion with RSX 1067

Hello need some help with this problem! The picture gets black & white, for a couple of seconds, when using s-video signal from my digital-tv-box into the receiver. I use the component output signal to my projector (sanyo z3). This only happens when watching digital tv. The is no problem using the s-video direct to the projetor. Does anybody know how to solve the problem, is it a software bug????

Sorry for bad english

Thanks Fredrik
    Last edited by focus; 20 August 2006, 11:10 Sunday.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

There's a couple of issues it might be. It might be the cable or the input.

Try hooking something else up with the same s-video cable. If it still does it try a different input. If it still does it try a different s-video cable. If it still does it, it's probably a bad svideo board on the 1067.

Now if it works fine with just a different source, then your cable-box is probably not compatible with the conversion process. I had several sources just not convert properly with certain displays. One was black&white like yours.

You might try running a composite cable and see if it can convert that instead.

Kevin D.

Comment

• focus
      • Mar 2006

Thanks Kevin! Different cable didn't fix it. Then i tried another a different input aswell, but the problem remains. My dvd doesn't have an s-video output, so i have no other source to try with. Maybe i'll have to buy one those RGB to Component-boxes and use component all the way instead...

Comment

• focus
        • Mar 2006

Strange, the problem seems to occur only on one of the channels i view...

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by focus
          Strange, the problem seems to occur only on one of the channels i view...
          Its probably a Pay-Per-View tactic... pay up or only get a B/W picture after 10 mins of watching :B
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• focus
            • Mar 2006

Yes, and it's always, exactly, when she's about to get undressed.

Comment

• sirbogey
              • Mar 2006

Hugh Heffner's special! Happens to me every midnight :twisted:

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"