X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • opus
    • Nov 2005

1066 delay

Hey Guy and Gals,

Back again for hopefully another simple question.

I always noticed a audio delay when using my rsp 1066 and also having the audio coming from the tv when watching HD programming. The 1066 was always a little ahead of the tv but this was easily fixed by muting the tv. Well yesterday when watching a car chase in San Fran Cisco I noticed that the delay was there when using the Rotel only. The sound of the car landing on the pavement was noticably ahead of the video of the car landing. Maybe as much as a 1/2 a second. I can"t seem to find a "lip-sync" or delay feature in the OSD or the manual. Obviously there is a speaker delay option, would this be the way to fix this problem? I'm using fiber optic and dvi if that matters.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated

thanks kevin
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The speaker delay settings on the 1066 are not adjustable enough to use as a lip-sync delay. A lip-sync delay option was added on the 1068. What kind of tv do you have and is there any extra video processing that can be turned off?

Kevin D.

Comment

• opus
      • Nov 2005

Hi Kevin D.

I have an Hitachi 50VG825. I don't believe there is any extra video proccessing turned on. I will check with Hitachi, maybe they have some ideas. For some reason I had not thought about involving them.

thanks...Kevin E.

Comment

• WI Rotel
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by opus
        Hey Guy and Gals,

Back again for hopefully another simple question.

I always noticed a audio delay when using my rsp 1066 and also having the audio coming from the tv when watching HD programming. The 1066 was always a little ahead of the tv but this was easily fixed by muting the tv. Well yesterday when watching a car chase in San Fran Cisco I noticed that the delay was there when using the Rotel only. The sound of the car landing on the pavement was noticably ahead of the video of the car landing. Maybe as much as a 1/2 a second. I can"t seem to find a "lip-sync" or delay feature in the OSD or the manual. Obviously there is a speaker delay option, would this be the way to fix this problem? I'm using fiber optic and dvi if that matters.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated

thanks kevin
        It's upgrade time to a 1068

Comment

• opus
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by WI Rotel
          It's upgrade time to a 1068

I've always wanted the silver/black combo instead of the all black unit. So your saying this is my chance Uh? :T

Comment

• rickyo
            • Jul 2006

Hi opus ,I'm using the same model as yours,you can adjust the delay in the menu set-up under DELAY options.You can adjust the delay of the center,R surround,L surround and center back by mS(milli secs.?) when viewing DTS/dolby D or DOLBY plII. Hope this helps

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

His issue is the processing in the TV is delaying the video just enough to be behind the sound. He needs to delay ALL channels by a small amount to make up for it. On the 1066 you can't delay the fronts and the rears can only be delayed in 5ms increments (He probably only needs 2-3ms)

Kevin D.

Comment

• rickyo
                • Jul 2006

yup increments in 5mS only

Comment

• nash
                  • Mar 2004

On the 1068, can you assign delays on a per-input basis?

On my 56" DLP I had no lip sync issues. On my 61", I have sync issues when watching some HD Directv channels. I have no sync problems with my HD-DVD player. Could I assign delay to one digital input, while none to another? I only need it for my HDTivo input.

I have a 1066, so I can't test this myself

Comment

• WI Rotel
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by nash
                    On the 1068, can you assign delays on a per-input basis?

On my 56" DLP I had no lip sync issues. On my 61", I have sync issues when watching some HD Directv channels. I have no sync problems with my HD-DVD player. Could I assign delay to one digital input, while none to another? I only need it for my HDTivo input.

I have a 1066, so I can't test this myself
                    The 1068 delay affects all speakers and its in 5 millisecond increments. I played with it a while and boy 5 milliseconds is a really short time! I didn't start to notice a difference till around 50 milliseconds. Personally i have never had a use for the delay feature.

Comment

• opus
                      • Nov 2005

Thanks for the replies everybody. Looks like I'm out of luck until I upgrade. I guess I could always just run several thousand feet of speaker cable :lol:

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"