X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mfishmike
    • Mar 2004

RB 1090

I'm looking to purchase the RB 1090 380 X 2 to finish off my system. I was sold a 1065 demo which needed upgrades. Is the 1090 upgradable, or if I find one used, does it also have upgrade issues? I'm hoping by driving the two mains with the 1090, the 1065 will be able to drive the rest of the system easily. Has anyone in here used the two in tandem? Does the switching work good so the 1065 can turn the 1090 on automatically on start up? I am finishing the re-designing & re-building of my mains soon. I'll be driving 2 Lambda woofers in each main....
    Thanks in advance for any comments....

P.S.......Club Rotel.....? What a nice forum.....

You can see my speakerbuilding pics on my site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mfishmike
  • jfinneru
    • Nov 2003

rb 1090 does not have 12v trigger

brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum
    brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Sorry Mike, let this one slip through.

Joern is right, the 1090 has no 12v trigger so there will be no automatic turning on or off. Look into a RLC900 or the like to do some power sequencing.

Those are going to be some mean speakers.. My concern is whether the woofers in your mains are going to be your only source of bass or if you will have a seperate subwoofer?

If no other sub, maybe you would want two amps so you could adjust the bass level? Perhaps some volume controls and bi-wire them? (though it would be tough to find a volume control capable of 400watts)

Other issue is the 1090 will pump the power out but I don't think you would get monsterous bass with just it alone (I personally have 1000 watts just to my subs). Don't get me wrong, you will have one damn good sounding set of full range speakers, I'm just not sure how much 'home theater' bass you would get.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mfishmike
        • Mar 2004

Kevin,

I got the Rotel working!!! Must have been a bad chip. Rotel didn't have a solution so suggested sending the unit back to the factory...2 trips across the country. I didn't want to have UPS manhandle and drop it like the Lambda drivers that got damaged so I had the tech put the old eprom back in and load 1.3 and it worked! He didn't check the sound initially.

About the 1090....I'm running a Legacy Point Sub with a 750-1000w amp and 15" driver & a passive radiator. I works very well, so with that, do you think the 1090 would mate well with the system. I can handle turning it on and off manually for a while, if you think I'll be happy with it!...I can also look into that power management too..... I am just looking for some qualified advice about it's performance and build. Those four Lambda mid-woofers are the 12TDS high Q version, 96 db sensitivity, 3.6 ohm, to be run in parallel. I'm not planning to bi amp them due to the crossover I'm building. Thanks again for your time. Mike Cason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"