X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

1068 PreOuts?

I was looking at the back panel of the 1068, and noticed for Preouts, it has C1 and C2. I know these are for the center channels, but does the preout for C2 have a signal present, the same one as the C1? If so, I'd like to do some experimenting Does the same go for the Sub 2 preout?

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
  • Bostonears
    • Mar 2004

On my 1067, Center1 and Center2 output identical signals. I assume it's the same for the 1068. Ditto for Sub1 and Sub2.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
      • Sep 2003

Thanks!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
      GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

exactly....
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

They're the same on my 1098 too.

Comment

• bwa
            • Mar 2004

Is there a possibility to program the sub1 and sub2 outputs on the 1068/1098 in the future by a firmware update.

It could be VERY handsome if I could use sub1 when there was digital input, buf if I used a analog stereo input I would like to 'copy' the front left output or the right to sub2 or even better copy left front output to an available output.

This is very nice if you a one sub for music and one for movies....
            My cinema: http://www.bwa.no

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

bwa,

Sorry - the Cirrus DSP chip that the RSP-1068 and RSP-1098 uses “only” has 8 digital outputs (hence the 7.1 sound or 5.1 plus a 2 channel zone 2). The duplicated sub and centre channels are mastered off the same digital out on the Cirrus chip after the D/A conversion (hence no independent controls). They are there because some people like a centre speaker above and below the screen to get an acoustical "behind the screen effect" and of course for those (like me )that want two subs - but right near each other (mostly the best since they don't cancel each other out).

There is a "wish list" request for this under the hardware upgrade / new hardware area - but this would require a new model (the very latest "top of the line" cirrus DSP does 16 channels) so I’d be thinking 2 years plus. Right now you need something high end like the Lexicon MC-12 (12 channels) or the Parasound C1 or C2 to get more than 8 active channels.

Geoff

Comment

• bwa
                • Mar 2004

Ok, now I have studied the manual.

I can see that there is a analog crossover filter that can be used on the external input, it's set to 100 Hz. How is the possibility to change this frequence ?

I also see that the zone 2 output could be used, how is the ability to copy the external input to the zone 2 out and apply the same volumesettings as the external ?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2003

bwa,

Re your queries:
                  • The bass management frequency on the analogue inputs is fixed a 100 Hz but can be turned off. There is no option for altering the frequency of this. There is a wish list request asking for this - but I have been "led to understand" that this requires a hardware upgrade and we should think "new model".
                  • However you can send any analog input (including 2 channels of the multi, to Zone 2 and control this volume separately from Zone 1. If you wanted to make the volume the same as for zone 1 you could but this would (as far as I know) need to be done separately since each volume is managed independently. The Zone 2 operation (which I no longer use) is easier to use that to read about - just try it and you will see.

I hope this makes sense.

Geoff

Comment

• bwa
                    • Mar 2004

That makes sense, it migth mean that a syncronized zone 2 volumecontrol should be able to implement as a software update ?

If so I would order one item immediately

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"