X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmac
    • Aug 2006

Did I buy right?

When I purchased my RSX-1067(April '05), I had heard nothing but good things. I belong to audioholics and no one talks about it(RSX-1067).I come to this group and see a huge amount of problems with heat and hum....was I a sucker did Rotel put out a dud?I looked into Denon,Marantz and Harmon Kardon.Home theater loved the RSX-1067, and so did several others. I know the speakes are lacking, but am I missing any trade secrets.
    Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Bmac
    When I purchased my RSX-1067(April '05), I had heard nothing but good things. I belong to audioholics and no one talks about it(RSX-1067).I come to this group and see a huge amount of problems with heat and hum....was I a sucker did Rotel put out a dud?I looked into Denon,Marantz and Harmon Kardon.Home theater loved the RSX-1067, and so did several others. I know the speakes are lacking, but am I missing any trade secrets.
    i love mine and have no problems with it...not only that but i have it in a cabinet with only an inch clearance around with and two fans blowing air across the top..no heat issues at all. The 1067 is one of the best recievers you can get and closer sounding to seperates then any of the other brands you mentioned...in my opinion

Comment

• Bmac
      • Aug 2006

yeh, I love the sound and the power.I've only had one issue, and thats the 60-75 db volume setting. It gets warm,but I've never heard the fans. I have a custom cabinet, with lots of room.

I just wonder what the rest of the 'flagships' sound like (in it's price range). I didn't have a custom installer, and just hope I'm getting the most out of it. The closest Rotel dealer is 190mi away, I had to order mine.
      Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"