• Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Hey Yamaha fans- new receivers coming...lookout Pioneer

reprinted from: http://www.audioholics.com/productre...eases2003.html

Release Date: July 24, 2003

(714) 522- 9105 ( dhoff@yamaha.com )

Steve Massinello / Giles Communications

(914) 798-7127 ( smassinello@giles.com )

YAMAHA LAUNCHES 7-CHANNEL DIGITAL HOME THEATER RECEIVERS W/ ENHANCED FEATURES AND UPGRADED POWER

RX-V2400 and RX-V1400 Digital Home Theater Receivers Feature Cinema DSP, THX Select, Component Video Up Conversion and YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) for Versatile, High-Quality Sound at Popular Prices

INDIANAPOLIS, IN –– Yamaha Electronics Corporation, the innovator in home theater and Digital Soundfield Processing (DSP) technology, today introduced two affordable A/V digital home theater receivers further solidifying Yamaha’s leadership position in the rapidly growing specialty receiver market. By utilizing the latest advances in LSI, component and circuitry design, the RX-V2400 and RX-V1400 deliver the outstanding audio and video performance that has come to be the signature of Yamaha’s home theater products.

Worthy successors to Yamaha’s previous receiver models, the mid-priced RX-V2400 (120W x 7) and RX-V1400 (110W x 7) feature powerful 7-channel amplification and utilize Yamaha’s Digital ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) design concept to maximize digital sound quality, with several operation modes that provide short, direct signal paths for even greater sound clarity.

A powerful 32-bit proprietary LSI provides full range realistic music and movie sound. Both units are compatible with the latest sound formats (including Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS Neo:6 and DTS 96/24), and also provide THX Select processing.

The RX-V2400 and RX-V1400 are both extremely versatile as well as user-friendly. These models include the Component Video UP Conversion feature, which can upgrade composite and S-video signals to component video format for ease of installation. The RX-V1400 is the first product at $799 to include this feature. Another example of how easy the new receivers are to use is the new YPAO (Yamaha Automatic Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) function, which automatically analyzes room acoustics, then sets parameters for optimum sound quality at the listening position, via a fully parametric EQ, at the touch of a button.

The RX-V2400 and RX-V1400 feature the next generation of Yamaha’s proprietary CINEMA DSP technology, which offers a wider range of surround sound programs. Sophisticated internal surround decoding and ambience processing in the two receivers are enabled by the YSS-930, a 32-bit Floating-Point LSI that yields 29 DSP programs with 49 possible variations in the RX-V2400. The RX-V1400 offers 28 DSP programs (with 48 variations) , including SILENT CINEMA mode for enjoying surround-like sound through conventional headphones.

In addition, on-screen menus and a learning remote control provide easy access to all functions of the RX-V2400 and RX-V1400. Both units also offer an extensive range of inputs and outputs, including easier to use custom installation features. (With multi-sourced Zone 2, Zone 3, powered zone 2, zone 2 speaker out on both, RS-232C on RX-V2400).

The RX-V2400 (MSRP $999) and RX-V1400 (MSRP $799) will be available in September, 2003 and be introduced at CEDIA 2003 at the Indianapolis Convention Center , booth 218, beginning September 5th .

For more information, write Yamaha Electronics Corporation, P.O. Box 6660 , Buena Park , CA 90622 ; telephone (714) 522-9105;email infostation@yamaha.com ; or visit www.yamaha.com/yec .

Yamaha's new receivers, the RX-V1400 and RX-V2400 feature new technology: YPAO (Yamaha Automatic Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) function, which automatically analyzes room acoustics, then sets parameters for optimum sound quality at the listening position, via a fully parametric EQ, at the touch of a button.

RX-V1400 - $799

RX-V2400 - $999

About Yamaha

Yamaha Electronics Corporation (YEC), USA , based in Buena Park , California , is a wholly owned subsidiary of Yamaha. YEC offers Home Theater components and systems, featuring A/V Receivers, Amplifiers, DVD/CD, Speakers, Mini-Systems, Video Projection, as well as A/V & IT Convergence Products.
    Yowee...talk about value :T

The receivers will be shipping with microphones.

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Oy...i before e except after c :loser: ...must be the heat....if someone can fix that in the header line I'd appreciate it :W

"A RONSTER!"

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

How's that Gord?

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• Gordon Moore
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Feb 2002

E:

"A RONSTER!"

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Wow, looks fantastic! I love my RX-V2095, but would love to have something with the component switching, much less upconverting. I'd have to see what kind of bandwith those component ports are.

Yamaha getting a THX rating! Not something that happens very often--they meet standards, but often don't apply for the rating.

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Yamaha's always turned its nose up at THX certification saying that its own proprietary formats were as good or better. An interesting change.

Also, don't miss these photoss on the new flagship RX-Z9/DSP-Z9:
            1. small front & rear
              large front
              large rear

No FIRM specs yet. . . . but rumored 170 WPC x 9!

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Aeromos
              • Jun 2003

That's pretty cheap for the RX-V2400 and RX-V1400. It's surprising how low they've priced it considering they both have THX Select certification. Looks like Pioneer Elite will have to lower their prices to compete.

David,

That RX-Z9/DSP-Z9 looks awesome. Looks like you won't need an external switcher to switch between speakers. Ideal for those that want different speakers for music and HT.

Aeromos
              Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
              My Collection
              Aeromos
              Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
              My Collection

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Holy crap! That new flagship has ***8*** component input/outputs. More than I've seen on any other unit.

There's quite a bit of nice components in many different A/V areas coming out this fall. Can't wait!

CHRIS
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Oh, and is Yamaha getting away from the front effect speakers that they like to use?

CHRIS
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Gordon Moore
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Feb 2002

David...if I'm reading the logos correctly the DSP-Z9 and the North American equivalent will have a built in Faroudja DCDI de-intelacer 8O . Yikes....the lines are blurring between audio and video. Pretty soon these AV units will require the equivalent of 2 shelves on the rack.

That RX-V2400 really has peaked my interest. I'll will definately be checking to see what it retails at in Canada. Could be an interesting boxing day for sure! For the difference of 200 bucks it's a no-brainer upgrade.

I wonder what the phathom RX-V3400 will have????

"A RONSTER!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

if someone can fix that in the header line I'd appreciate it
                      You should be able to edit your own thread title if you edit your first post

Comment

• Gordon Moore
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Feb 2002

Oh ops:

"A RONSTER!"

Comment

• David Meek
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Here's two better pics of the as-yet-unreleased RX-Z9. The front image isn't too big, but the back view is a BIG one, but you can read the labelling on the back quite clearly:
                          1. front
                            rear
                          And yes, there IS a DCDi logo, a THX Ultra logo on the front of this beast, along with a detachable power cord (finally!), AND Yamaha's YPAO software which is their version of a room calibration system.

David - HTGuide flunky
                          Our "Theater"
                          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Gordon Moore
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Feb 2002

The Z-9 and others product info is now available at Yamaha:

"A RONSTER!"

Comment

• David Meek
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

Here's the New Product Bulletin on the RX-Z9. Quiet an impressive machine - from the literature anyway.

David - HTGuide flunky
                              Our "Theater"
                              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"