X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New info on Zhd HDMI switcher and Zbreeze cooling fans on Parasound website

Take a look... new info just popped up on the Parasound website for the new Zhd HDMI switcher and the Zbreeze cooling fan. Pictures, manuals, and brochures.

www.parasound.com (click on the Z Custom section)

Interesting that the Zpre2 still does not have any official pictures there, although they are over at the public relations site.

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

For those who were wondering about software updates for the C1/C2/7100 to send control information to the Zhd, note on page 6 of the Zhd manual that it says the inputs are automatically assigned to the C1/C2/7100 input sources. All you have to do is plug your source's HDMI output into the correct Zhd input to make it switch correctly.
    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Now if they only made a "JC-Breeze" with Halo silver finish and 19" rack mountable, I might actually buy a dozen... :B

Peter

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

:rofl: True, that. Heck, I'd buy several myself. Could be very useful.

So let's see... we've had a few new things show up by Parasound lately. Still to come, it looks like, are the New Classic Pre-amp, Halo D3 DVD player, and New Classic D200 DVD player. Down the road are more possibilities like a Halo multi-channel pre-amp and the ever-present possiblity of Parasound pre/pro hardware upgrades. As has been hinted, I think a move to the new Titan platform adding new capabilites would be great.

Guess it's time for me to update my part of the "Parasound wish list".
        Last edited by Chris D; 24 February 2006, 17:58 Friday.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

The Zbreeze actually looks kind of interesting. Looks like it draws hot air from the bottom of the unit and then blows it out the rear AND top of the unit. Wonder how quiet it REALLY is in operation, even in low airflow mode..

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Here's a cute quote from the end of the Zbreeze manual:

Your Parasound Zbreeze requires no periodic maintenance other than an occasional smile of appreciation for the job it does to protect your components....
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

(I seem to be monopolizing this discussion thread)

Another picture added to the Parasound website for the Zbreeze:

Pretty big fan openings there. Definitely no problems with the air intake, I think, as long as you allow enough space between the Zbreeze and the component below it that you're trying to cool.

If you're rack mounting and you don't have any other Z custom half-rack equipment, I wonder if it would be best to buy TWO Zbreeze models and mount them side-by-side, for complete cooling. (such as right above Parasound amplifiers, either New Classic or Halo)
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"