X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n3philim
    • Feb 2004

RSP1066 - No audio when playing Video CD

I have my dvd player connected to the Video One of my 1066. It works flawlessly except for when I play a vcd on it. The player reads the audio feed as an mp3 and sends it to my 1066 using the digital out in coax1. No audio comes out. In order to hear the audio, I have to go to my preferences and undo the coax1 digital feed. Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

Keith
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

n3philm,

Just some guesses. I had this problem with an Denon Receiver I used to own - turned out the DVD player was (for VCD's) putting out a bit stream that the processor didn't recognise although the DVD could translate it to analog. I fixed it then by telling the DVD player to convert MP3 to MPEG or PCM.

I now have a RSP-1098 that does support MP3 etc (so no problem) and I don't know what digital formats the RSP-1066 supports - but the symptoms sound the same - so have a look at the DVD player set-up – most recent players offer the option of format conversions etc. You may also want to check to see if you have the current RSP-1066 firmware - there were some fixes etc for bitstreams some time ago as I recall...

Anyone else with a RSP-1066 help??????????

Geoff

Comment

• n3philim
      • Feb 2004

Hi Geoff. My 1066's firmware is the latest (or should I say the lastest?). It is quite curious. My DVD player does decode/play MP3s and MPEGs. I've actually tried an MP3 cd and it works fine. I'll take your advice and check the settings again when I get home tonight.

Many thanks. Appreciate the response.

8)

Comment

• n3philim
        • Feb 2004

Thanks again Geoff. You are the man!

It seems I did have to change some settings in my DVD's digital out. I had to set it to convert the signal to PCM only.

Regards and more power to Club Rotel.

Comment

• n3philim
          • Feb 2004

Uh-oh. This time with the new settings from my dvd, now when I watch dvd movies, the dolby digital signal doesn't come out. Meaning I had to switch the digital out settings of my dvd to "all" instead of "PCM only." Any opinions? I can leave the digital settings on the dvd to "all" then just toggle with the digital input of the 1066 to make things work. But does this mean I will have to do switching of digital signals on the 1066 everytime I switch from a dvd to a vcd? That would be such a bummer.

Any help or opinions would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"