X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rmassey
    • Jul 2003

1068 Bass Mgmt for 7.1 ins?

How does the 1068 handle Bass management for the 7.1 ins for DVD-A/SACD?

I currently use a Panasonic RP91 (w/o BM) and an Outlaw ICBM for DVD-A. This works fine, but I would like to reallocate the ICBM along with my current receiver to another room in the house. I am very happy with the RP91 and it will stay in the main rack for a long time (I love the scaling feature and nothing else compares), so please no suggestions to buy a new transport with proper BM.

Does the 1068 properly handle BM for this situation so I can retire my ICBM?

Sorry if this is already been discussed.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Like most pre/pro's and receivers there is no bass management on the anaolog inputs. It is straight passthrough other than for volume control. The only thing resembling bass management is the user selectable digital copy of the bass summed below 100Hz and sent to your sub that Rotel calls "LFE Redirect".

Taking a page from Rotel’s flagship, the RSP-1098, the RSP-1068 Surround Sound Processor/Preamplifier combines flexibility, superior performance, and easy operation.

Page 11 of the manual

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• rmassey
      • Jul 2003

Thanks Jason, this is just what I was looking for.

Comment

• Berlin
        • Mar 2004

rmassey,

I don't believe the bass management makes a DIGITAL copy of the analog inputs to redirect to the subs. If that would be the case then a fixed crossover of 100 hz would not be necessary. If its a digital copy you need all the ADC's and then you could use the digital processor with the variable crossovers of other options in the 1068. I think that the 100 hz filter is fixed because it's a fixed hardware analog filter.

Berlin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"