X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yummy
    • Jun 2006

Comment re Onkyo TX Nr900 to RMB 1095

Hi, Is it sensible to use my onkyo TX NR 900 as processor and use an RMB 1095 as amplifier? will it improve the sound quality? or should i get a Rsp 1068 as processor?
    Thanks
    Jim
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

My previous Onkyo (701E) did not have the power to steer my 5 larger speakers, the RMB 1095 probably helps (The 900 is of course a more expensive unit than the 701E). The Onkyo 701E versus Rotel was a big improvement, but only in the lower regime. The rest was identical.The RSP 1068 does have a few more connections. I haven't verified the bass management on the 900, but the RSP 1068 is better equiped than the 701E. Just my experience.

Comment

• PiDD
      • Aug 2003

I am going to get my Rotel club badge taken away from me for this but...

I have an older onkyo reciever (858 if i remember right). I was using it to drive my speakers and was happy with the sound. Not loving it but happy. Then I got the 1095 and wow I was blown away .. 85w vs 200 and much cleaner sound. It was a no brainer. I lived like that for a year. (Every year I buy one item) Next was the 1098... here is where im going to lose the club badge. It sounds better, no question. $3000 better... hhhmm no! Now there could be a few things that contribute to this .. my ears, my room, my gear, etc.. your experience may vary.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

PiDD, does the 1098 sound about $1800 better? That's about the difference in price between the 858 and the 1098. :P ha ha ha.

I had the little bit opposite feeling over you with the 1098 over my Onkyo 797 (not quite as nice as the 858 ). I thought there was a lot more clarity, better seperation in 2ch, imaging was better, and the surrounds felt more "balanced." It seemed like the audio became one sound field. Course I went from the 797 to the 1098/1095/1080 7.1 so that is a much bigger jump than adding the 1095 then the 1098. But we won't take your Rotel club badge from you...

Yummy, here's where you run into a problem. If you buy the 1068, you have to get an amp with it (1075/1095), can you afford both?!?! If not, get the 1095, you'll definitely notice the differences over the onkyo powering your speakers. Then you might feel like I did, where I noticed the weaknesses in the receivers and wanted something better and jumped up to the 1098 -- The looks of the unit is what got me, didn't even hear it until I got it home. So if you like the 1095 and are happy with it you can then get a processor that really compliments what you are looking for. Maybe you want to go higher end than Rotel for the processor, you have the options to mix and match.

For me, since I've heard the Classe CA-M400s, I want to get them and eventally get rid of my 1095/1080. Just takes a lot of money to do that... lol
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• yummy
          • Jun 2006

Guys,
          Thank you for your inputs,
          I decided to get the 1095 first then decide later if I need to get the 1068 or 1098.
          One final question, do you think my B&W 602 can hanldle the 1095?
          Jim

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Yep, I have 4x 602s being powered by the 1095.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"