X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hockeypuck
    • Oct 2004

1056 and dv1050 issues

I had my installer hook up my equipment after he installed several areas of ceiling speakers thoughout the house.

First issue arose when I put in Roger Waters DVD In the Flesh and no sound came out of the center speaker. There is sound when it is in the tv mode and when watching a movie. I know it is an older 5.1 but I recall hearing it with center sound.

This led me to checking the speaker settings using the tone test on the receiver. Somehow all of the test tones were fine except no test tone out of the right front.

By now I was getting quite annoyed. Spent the next couple of hours going through most of the set up menus all looks o.k.

Any thoughts or help would be great.

But yes I had another issue... He istalled a Niles speaker selector box( 6 pair) with tone controls using my 1050 amp and zone 2. Most of the speakers sound "thin"..very little bass. Do I need another amp?

Thanks for the help. I have spent quite a bit of money and not very happy with the sound.
  • hockeypuck
    • Oct 2004

Anyboby??

Comment

• hockeypuck
      • Oct 2004

Anybody??

Comment

• Sim reality
        • Aug 2005

You need to provide a little more information on your setup...

Is the Rogers Waters DVD, DVD-audio, DTS or DOlby digital... Is the DVD player doing the decoding or the receiver?

The reason I ask is that the 1056 can disable speakers based on the input so it could be a speaker setup problem or a cabling/DVD player problem depending on how you set it up.

What is a little concerning is that the test tones on the right front speaker do not work... Did that speaker ever work or is it just having problems with the test tones...

Also is this setup completely new or did the problem just start after the installer came in?

Comment

• hockeypuck
          • Oct 2004

Sim,
          Thanks for the reply.
          The right speaker works but not during the test tones.
          I believe the Waters DVD is only Dolby Digital but it is 5.1 so there shouldbe sound from the center channel.
          I called the installer this a.m. and told him of my issues and he mentioned that he set it up using digital rather than analog. Should this make any difference?
          I am not sure which unit is doing the decoding but I believe the DVD is setto default to multi/5.1. Not sure about 1056.
          I guess the bigger joke is that the installer claims he spent 10 hours at $75 hooking this up.
          Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
            • Apr 2006

Why don't you switch the speaker cables from Left one to the right one and see what happens?

Comment

• Sim reality
              • Aug 2005

If the DVD is hooked in digitally then the receiver is doing the decoding...

So you are using the same DVD player to play the Waters DVD as for movies right? If so I'm a little stumped given that most DVDs are encoded using Dolby digital as well...

Here something to look at... When you play a DVD the display on the front panel of the 1056 should display all the speakers that are enabled (IE: the lights will be on for FL,C,FR, RL,S,RR), if they are on when you put the Waters DVD in then at least we know the 1056 is trying to decode all the channels...

Comment

• hockeypuck
                • Oct 2004

Iceman,
                Good idea. I will try to get some time totry that. The equipment is in a built in cabinet, Not so easy to access. I will let youknow.

Sim,
                I will load the DVD after the Heat game and report back.
                Thanks

Comment

• hockeypuck
                  • Oct 2004

Sorry that I did not respond sooner but I ran out of time last week as I had plans to be in Vegas. Yes,someone had to go! If anyone gets a chance,stay at the Wynn where they have blackjack tables outside next to a pool where there is topless sunbathing. Makes losing the money,much easier.

Back to the sound crisis. Tonight I took out everything and hooked it back up. Found that the right front speaker wire was not in properly and the DVD wires were not in all the way. Now the test tones all work and the DVD properly decodes.

But there is a new issue.. On zone 2 I cannot get it to play anything but the tuner. I set it to Video 1(DVD player) and nothing comes out. I went to the menu screen and it is set it to video 1 but had no luck. Caled the installer who said that due to th ewiring configuration for 5.1 I had to buy a seperate dvd player and use it as another video input with only analog. This did not make much sense to me.
                  Well how about this problem??

Thanks for the continuing help.

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

The only thing available on the zone2 outputs are analog sources. Currently just the built in tuner. For all your other sources, you will need to connect 2 analog RCA cables to the appropriate matching inputs. For your DVD this will be VIDEO 1.

Unfortunately the stereo F/L outputs of the 1050 are ALSO the F/L outputs of the the multi-channel. So you could do what the installer said and get another CD player just for zone 2, not the greatest answer. Best bet is to pick up some RCA y-cables and plug them into the F/L outputs of the 1050. This will give you another set of outputs to run to the analog inputs of VIDEO 1.

Keeping in mind, with any multi-channel discs (DVDA, DD, DTS) zone 2 will only play whats playing on the R/L speakers unless you go in and change the mutli-channel outputs to stereo.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hockeypuck
                      • Oct 2004

Kevin,
                      Thanks. I have an old model 5 disk Sony DVD changer that I may use for this purpose. That way if I will not have to change disks every hour if I am sitting outside.
                      The Y jack idea was not even considered by the insaller. Not a great sign.
                      But that is why I bought the Rotel equipment in the first place....this forum!!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"