Weird thing just happened with my RSX-1057.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

Weird thing just happened with my RSX-1057.

Hi guy's

I had my 1057 running for couple hours last night watching some DVD's. Anyways after i was done, i went up to the receiver and put my hand on top of it to see how hot it got. And suddenly the Receiver just shut it self OFF....

Now, i did not zap it or anything like that. I just put my hand on the surface of it and the receiver powered off. Is this normal?? Did it go into some kind of protection mode or something?

Anyone had this happen with the 1055 or 1056??

Weird...

Cheers,
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You're not supposed to touch the receiver after it's been on for more then 30 minutes!! Are you crazy!

Actually, the fact you put your hand on it tells me you think it MAY be running too hot. It could have been borderline on heat protection mode and a slight vibration from touching it might have kicked it over.

So... Was it running too hot? I do know the Rotel receivers are pretty easy to confuse with even the slightest bit of static electricity. What's the temperature where you are at and did you have a de-humidifier running in the house?

Kevin D.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D

So... Was it running too hot? I do know the Rotel receivers are pretty easy to confuse with even the slightest bit of static electricity. What's the temperature where you are at and did you have a de-humidifier running in the house?

Kevin D.
      Running too hot: Yes, it was pretty hot on the surface. Even though i don't use the receivers amps it still gets very hot to touch.

Temp: The house was around 26C

De-Humidifier: I have the humidifier in the basement and i don't think it was on.

I did not feel any static electricity when i put my hand on top. But my bonus room is carpeted. Maybe like you said kevin, slight touch might have confused it. Who knows. I will keep an eye on it to see if it hapens again. But so far so good.

Thanks,

Comment

• oaqm
        • Feb 2006

I hav
        Last edited by oaqm; 25 December 2006, 11:42 Monday.

Comment

• adinfinitum
          • Apr 2006

I have heard others say their 1055/56/57 runs hot. Mine only just ever got warm and now I run the mains from the 1070, it barely gets warm. I've watched a few movies in a row at loud volumes and still find it just warm to the touch and there's only about 3cm gap btwn the top of the unit and the shelf above.

Is there any technical reason why 2 machines the same should run at different temperatures?

oaqm, I have fairly unstable power in my area - frequent blackout/brownouts. Any time the power is interrupted with my 1055 in stand-by, it will turn itself on again once power is restored. It doesn't seem to remember it's last state as most of my other electronics do.
          http://www.couchpotatosolutions.com.au/

Comment

• oaqm
            • Feb 2006

eeee

Comment

• adinfinitum
              • Apr 2006

oaqm,

Just checked out your setup website. Love the custom design. Where are the lights on the front situated? are they in the top/underside of the cabinet? Do they add heat into the system?

Tony.

Comment

• oaqm
                • Feb 2006

The l

Comment

• adinfinitum
                  • Apr 2006

Ahh,

From your orig pics I though they were the standard 12v round down lights. I might look into these, Thanks oaqm.

ICEMAN - sorry for hijacking your thread. I'll be good now I promise.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                    • Apr 2006

Hey that OK adinfinitum,

oaqm,

Why did you decide to have the center speaker on top instead on the bottom. Your early drawings showed bottom placement?

Comment

• oaqm
                      • Feb 2006

The p
                      Last edited by oaqm; 25 December 2006, 11:43 Monday.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"