X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

1068 runs very hot - has never shutdown

Title pretty much says it all. Whenever I see a thead about a rotel component running hot I always check my 1068 and sure enough its always hot to the touch. When the weather is hot it gets hot enough where I wouldnt want to keep my hand on it for any length of time (my apartment has terrible air flow and with the energy costs going out of control I only use the AC for sleeping).

I have never had any issues with the 1068 shutting down or going into standby. Never had it pop, click, strain, etc so I tend not to worry about it. In fact, yesterday was the first time I felt maybe I should give it a break and didnt have it on most of day. Bear in mind when I am home the whole system is on since it gets used for tv (in addition to movies/music). I am a bit of TV junkie so its on often.

Just wanted to post my experience with heat and the 1068. Like I said, there has never been an issue with the unit but I guess there could some long term effect. For reference I do have a very open audio rack - a salamander archetype.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Build yourself some custom fans for the unit to help cool it!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Elvis
      • Jan 2005

The 1068 just runs hot,with lotsa room it still gets pretty warm,never a problem.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"