X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erikm12
    • Jun 2006

Ebay Rotel Scam?

I contacted this guy on ebay and got a different description then what he was advertising........seems fishy. Excellent price for all three......

6065833481 sorry I don't know how to link this
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Klipsch RF-7's, RF-S's, RF-C, Rotel 1098, ?????
  • Kent Turb0
    • Jun 2005

Deleted
    Last edited by Kent Turb0; 16 June 2018, 21:05 Saturday.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
      • Apr 2006

I noticed couple SCAMS going on e-bay with some ROTEL products also. I don't buy from e-bay anymore. Can't be trusted. It is a shame because there are also some good deals on there from decent people.

Comment

• H.Donald
        • Aug 2004

Looking at the ad...he is going to sell you a Rotel 1075 amp, a RSP 1068 and a 1050 dvd player,all for the measly sum of 829 USA dollars???

If you do it,tell him C.O.D....and open the box first.

It has to be a rip off....

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Definitely a stolen account. I've reported it to Ebay.

Kevin D.

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

Just an aside...Ebay is becoming strange.Just the other day,a Rotel 1075 sold for 1100 dollars,they are only 999 new....and yes,I'm sure it was a 1075,I even placed a bid.

Comment

• Kent Turb0
              • Jun 2005

Deleted
              Last edited by Kent Turb0; 16 June 2018, 21:05 Saturday.

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Ebay has canceled all of his auctions, hopefully he'll learn to protect his password better.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Club1820
                  • Jan 2006

Is this the same guy as for item #6065897619 ?
                  Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• RobP
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

Could be, there are a bunch of those jerks on Ebay, they are easy to spot though, just remember, its if sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
                    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• IntegrateMe
                      • May 2004

1100$ US tax free + 50$ brokerage fees is a =1150 *1.1 = 1265$ CDN.

That's a nice deal for a RMB-1075 that costs $1500 +15% tax in Canada.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by IntegrateMe
                        1100$ US tax free + 50$ brokerage fees is a =1150 *1.1 = 1265$ CDN.

That's a nice deal for a RMB-1075 that costs $1500 +15% tax in Canada.
                        I got my RMB-1075 for $1250 Canadian from my dealer. Brand new with warranty.

Comment

• Clepto
                          • Feb 2006

Don't forget about the 'auction' factor... sometimes people get more out of the bidding process than care about what they're actually paying for...

Comment

• Club1820
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Club1820
                            Is this the same guy as for item #6065897619 ?
                            Take a look at all his other items for sale. they are all for $922!!!
                            Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• sirbogey
                              • Mar 2006

ebay and paypal are getting dodgy! I've still managed a 100% rating over the last 4 years, but I noticed a lot of scams in the last 6 months. Lot of accounts from China with a zero rating, zero bids, zero sells, are bidding high amounts on high gear electronic stuff, ie. notebooks, hifi, etc. After they have won the auction, they make sure they don't pay a penny. They will send you strange emails just to delay to whole settlement process. In the meantime they also "hijack" other people's auctions, ie. they copy it word for word and list the same thing for sale. Other bidders are getting confused, see other unrealistic prices etc.. Ebay is not much help at all.

There is also more and more scams to get into people's paypal accounts. Myself, I'm closing both accounts; if something goes wrong it takes up to 2 months to get it sorted; unfotunately only with losses! But it's true the majority of people on ebay are honest.

Just check the ebay forum and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"