X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • \\\pete\\\
    • Jan 2016

Tang Brand speakers on Ebay, scam?

Hello,

I saw these Tang Brand W4-1337SDF 4" Titanium Full Range speakers list on Ebay for an incredible price ($25 each).

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Tang Band W4-1337sdf 4" Titanium Full Range Speaker at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Do you think these are knock-offs or the real thing?

Thank you
  • Zvu
    • Oct 2013

Who on earth would copy chinese brand of loudspeakers and one of the not so popular models ?

I bought pack of 6 and had misfortune that one of the phase plugs deattached during shipping so one unit is destroyed. It is in good workingorder ant FR/TS are spot on but just looks like crap. Somewhere between China-USA, or USA-Serbia, that i don't know. Packaging is not the best possible. I'd suggest to the seller to add an outer layer of cardboard if i were to buy them now. I did get a refund of 25 bucks as seller suggested.

With all taxes and shipping they cost me less per unit then if i were to buy them from EU dealer, even with that one unit destroyed. As i understood, this guy has a ton of it (container ?) and wants to get rid of it ASAP.

It's no scam. I'll post some quick and dirty FR measurements and TS parameters measurements later today.
    Tesla; George Carlin;

Comment

• Zvu
      • Oct 2013

Measurements done on the "test baffle" with Umik-1 mic, M-audio FastTrack USB with Log sine sweep. Distance is about 1m and measurement is shown with 2dB grid.

Measurements line up quite well with the ones done HERE and with factory data.
      Tesla; George Carlin;

Comment

• Audion
        • Mar 2017

I bought a pair of these from the same Ebay vendor early last year.

They arrived in perfect condition, and the product is legit.

Comment

• ---k---
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2005

Interesting.
          Are they really coming from Franklin Indiana like the Ebay page says or are they shipped from China.
          I'm trying to figure out if it is anyone in the business or community that is selling these or some random person who just imports random stuff.
          - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
          CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
          CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Audion
            • Mar 2017

The do appear to be shipped from the 'States. I remember that I bought a pair, shipped under the Global Shipping program.

I followed the tracking, and went from the Global shipping center in Erlanger Ky, northward, and then made that weird jog southward again in order to get to UPS (I'm in Canada).

I assumed that this fellow probably got a skid of these on some sort of close-out from a manufacturer or supplier that went out of business.

But that's a guess of course.

Comment

• \\\pete\\\
              • Jan 2016

Thank you so much for all the comments. I can shop with confidence now.

Thanks again

Comment

• Renron
                • Jan 2008

They are legit, I bought a pair for my HT center channel. They are excellent speakers, easy to work with and drive. Make sure to relieve enough on the back of the baffle for air flow. (let them breathe) Be aware these are not the neodymium magnet 1337 there is a slight difference in performance, but not much IMO.
                One note thou, don't touch the speaker cone, you will leave fingerprints that do not come off. They are fragile and susceptible to damage. Don't touch the cones!
                Ron
                Ardent TS

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"