X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joelp
    • Nov 2004

Nautilus 800 ebay scam?

Is that why no one has bid on this?

with less than 15 hours left on the auction I'm surprised no has put a bid up for the item, I say Item because the seller does not designate a pair of speakers. I'm curious to know if anyone has seen this from HTguide and what your thougths are@

cheers,
  • KenK
    • Mar 2005

Yes, you can smell it as shipping is free and it is a one day listing. They had one two weeks ago for a pair of N805. Some hackers sold the ID out of the ebayer and post the sales. I know this because I was asking the selling some questions and he reply back saying the acount has been stolen.

Comment

• Joelp
      • Nov 2004

Thanks KenK

I figured as much.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

yea we should all be careful with Ebay and audiogon. I've had my CRT RPTV on videogon for a few weeks and I keep on getting emails saying that he wants the TV immediatly and wanted it shipped to Holland wants to use Western Union to wire the funds. I keep declining to sell it because it sounds fishy, but I keep getting emails from different email addresses and I can tell it's by the same scammer, because he uses the same spellings on certain words and grammar. On the other hand, I've had my SVS PB12plus2 on Ebay for about 10 days and it got alot of bidding activity. I think most bidders expect a picture because it shows that it's not a fake.

Comment

• tmt
          • Jan 2005

Ebay is full of such scams. Most of them are easy to spot.
          Just ask where they live and where you can pick up your stuff (or to drop off your stuffĂ , that's mostly the only thing you have to do to know if it's fake or not

Here is a story about a scammer that got scammed himself, a must-read!
          It's one of the funniest things I've ever read!

(the original site is down, it's only available on pdf)

Comment

• ZX10 Guy
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tmt
            Ebay is full of such scams. Most of them are easy to spot.
            Just ask where they live and where you can pick up your stuff (or to drop off your stuffĂ , that's mostly the only thing you have to do to know if it's fake or not

Here is a story about a scammer that got scammed himself, a must-read!
            It's one of the funniest things I've ever read!

(the original site is down, it's only available on pdf)
            BRAVO!!!! :T Thanks for posting that up. I was rolling on the floor with laughter. It was great how the whole sequence of events was archived. It kept me reading deeper and deeper into it like a good novel. I'm glad the scumbag got what he deserved. I'm in IT and I don't know if I would have made such an effort to get back at the guy. But I'm glad someone did. I'm still chuckling while I write this. :rofl: :B I'm going to send off that link to some of my other buddies.

Comment

• Kramer
              • Jan 2005

WAY 2 FUNNY!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"