Ebay scam - 803D speakers being sold !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rags
    • Aug 2003

Ebay scam - 803D speakers being sold !!!

Guys there is a scammer on ebay selling 803D speakers. Please no one get sucked in. The pictures are mine and the scammer has just ripped them off - I sold the speakers in London a few weeks ago !!

Makes me angry but all you good folk here please steer well clear.

Link below -

• BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

don't worry usually ebayers are smart enough to not buy anything this expensive through a brand new user with absolutly no feed back whatsoever. Thanks for the warning regardless.

Comment

• Kens1
      • Mar 2005

Yeah thanks for the heads up! Too bad there is always a few rotten apples that have to spoil the whole bunch.

Comment

• RNKC
        • Jun 2005

Just another example of why people should avoid eBay for high-end stuff. IMHO, Audiogon is much better for used equipment.

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

youve already sold them?! what did you get to replace them?
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Hey Rags, not to worry, no one will ever win those, I put in a nasty high bid that will never be met.
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• csuzor
              • Nov 2004

What happens if someone uses paypal and never receives the goods? Can they get their money back? Does ebay protect buyers from scams?

I got scammed 2 years ago, they convinced me to use an escrow service, the funds were available, I sent the goods UPS, the next day the escrow service web site disappeared! UPS delivered, when I complained they said that the goods had been delivered, and if there was a problem, the receiving party had to make a claim, not the sending party... had to write off that money!

Comment

• misterdoggy
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

I sell "real" Beatles by Avedon sets on ebay all the time. Its a med high ticket item $725 a set and you "can" buy from someone like me. The things to look at are the Feedbacks. I have 221 good feedbacks and am a powerseller. This is an indication that most likely I am a person who can be trusted. Look at their sales and you can make a judgement. An Ebayer with lots of Feedback who is also Paypal verified is pretty good references. Condition on used items is something to be careful about. Ask for more foto's or more information. Someone who has lots of good feedbacks does not want even one bad one and will make a big effort to avoid even one bad feedback. I know as its part of my business.

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

looks as if they removed the auction.
                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Rags
                    • Aug 2003

Yeah thanks Soundgravy - I reported the scam to ebay who have obviously taken action. I was concerned as ebay normally take 48 hours or so to respond by which time the auction would have been over.

I am currently using 803S speakers - as im not a big music fan it doesnt make a whole lot of difference. I have also found that my amp drives the 803S a lot harder than the 803D so bass response is a touch more impactful. Overall the 803D is a better speaker but thats mainly because of the smoothness the diamond tweeter brings to music. For movies there is nothing in it really and some may prefer the forwardness of the alloy dome tweeter more.

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

heh. After listening to the 802d, I didn't like the 803d.
                      Rags,
                      I am wondering, do you have much recollection on your N804's? If so, how would you compare them to your new 803s's for movies? especially since you used to have the asw-850 w/ the 804's like I do. Does the 850 sub fill in enough? If all you could change is N804's to 803s's, and leave the center as an NHTM1, would you do it? especially if the colors would no longer match?

Comment

• ti33er
                        • Apr 2004

*laugh* Rags I bet you're glad I never took those 803S off you now...everything happens for a reason!
                        "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• Rags
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by sikoniko
                          heh. After listening to the 802d, I didn't like the 803d.
                          Rags,
                          I am wondering, do you have much recollection on your N804's? If so, how would you compare them to your new 803s's for movies? especially since you used to have the asw-850 w/ the 804's like I do. Does the 850 sub fill in enough? If all you could change is N804's to 803s's, and leave the center as an NHTM1, would you do it? especially if the colors would no longer match?

The colours should match up pretty well - the veneer is pretty much identical to the old series. I would definately upgrade from the old 804's to the new 803S speakers. Music sounds so much better and movies more dynamic with smoother highs. The 803S have a lot more bass response than the 804's. I dont have the 850 aymore, I have as 825 now - the 850 was significantly better.

Comment

• sikoniko
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

what color would match up with red cherry?

it would still blend ok even though I can't upgrade my center?

Comment

• Rags
                              • Aug 2003

I thought you had the light cherry !!

Sound wise Im reasonably sure you will get away with it as a stop gap. Colour wise not sure what the revised dark cherry equivalent looks like.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"