X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • len73
    • Jan 2005

Rotel RSP-1098 - Black or Silver?

Hello everyone !

I have a stupid question in some way, but I will ask it anyway...

I am about to buy a RSP-1098 (I'm like a children under the Christmas-tree ) but I don't know what color to choose (I told you it was a stupid one...)

The fact is that my dealer give me a bargain on the black version (because sales aren't very good for the black version he said).
    I saw (and touched) only the black version of the processor but never the bi-color one...

Any comments about your choice ?

Many many thanks in advance...

Cheers,

Len
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

If you can save some cash on the black one, why not get it? The silver is nice if you have the matching amp and other silver gear to go with it. Black is fine, it looks just as nice.

Personal preference man, but money talks

Dan

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

I have the Siver one, but the black looks great too if it matches all the rest of your Rotel gear if you have them too.
      I have the 1098 siver but my Rotel RCD 1072 is black and it doesn't bother me at all. The black was cheaper as my dealer wanted to get rid of his black stock as the silver move faster...beats me!!
      Good Luck!!
      Ask your wife or girl friend as they usually decide on the decor and colours. The rest belongs to the Machos...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Adz
        • Jan 2004

Your dealer might also be "giving you a bargain" because of the following:
        Adz

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Adz,

Could be - but more likely a demo model in Black etc - they don't move as well as the Silver... Most dealers don't even know about the RSP-1099 yet - Rotel has not gone public on the specs, release date or anything...

Geoff

Comment

• ICEMAN70
            • Apr 2006

I use to be all black equipment guy. I liked black and the way it looked on my HT rack.My wife got me to replace all my Black HT equipment. She said black has to go because it didn't match her Decor. So she got me to get all silver from ROTEL. Heck, new equipment, WOW. I didn't complain. Now she is very happy.

If you can get a good deal on the black RSP-1098 that would be fine as long as you don't have a wife.

Comment

• gd
              • Jan 2003

Everybody knows the black ones sound better...
              greg (gd to you)
              Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
              production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• soundhound
                • Mar 2004

:laughat:

Comment

• foeth
                  • Apr 2006

You risk bumping your shins to black equipment mroe often than silver ones on your way to the toilet at night. At least, if you place your equipment as I do. I have black, slightly nicer, though the Rotel Amps look quite nice in Silver. If it saves money, why not?

Comment

• grit
                    • Jan 2005

It's an investment. They both SOUND the same. But if you are not going to be happy with the black one, spend the money for the silver. Otherwise, you're looking at a rather costly mistake to fix.

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

That's true.. No telling how many people I see post asking about changing cases later on because they 'got a deal' on the other color.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mjb
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Two-tone all the way - the silver/black combo looks great!
                        - Mike

Main System:
                        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• len73
                          • Jan 2005

After a good disussion with my wife, I will go for the silver ones...

Thank you so much for your help and advice...

I will certainly come back in some days with questions about the 1098...

Peace,

Len

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"