Setting UP Control4 automation/dist audio. Downside to using Rotel 1077 as amp?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Setting UP Control4 automation/dist audio. Downside to using Rotel 1077 as amp?

I am in the process of finalizing my whole house automation/audio distribution system. I purchased the Rotel 1077 to power my B&W CCm80 in-ceiling and B&W WM6 outdoor speakers. Any downside to using this amp in this application beside cost? I want to push the system to its limits..
    Stew
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

No downsides at all, but I would recommend getting something to to handle bass/treble/loudness controls. You can throw all the power in the world and still not like it if it's thin or muted sounding.

Kevin D.

Comment

• stewfoo
      • Jul 2005

The c4 amp has all of that. But, I am hearing some disappointing posts about its performance. I would rather get a great amp like the 1077 and add EQ later..
      Stew

Comment

• IntegrateMe
        • May 2004

Stew-

Fantastic idea!!

We typicall use either Crestron or Sonance amps for audio distribution (frequently with B&W speakers) and in a current installation we were forced to utilize 8 RMB-1077's since the owner's space and heat constraints were substantial.

However, I would have to echo Kevin's sentiments about a preamp/DSP being used in the chain. In our instance we use a Crestron PAD8A, but I'm not too familir with the C4 equivalent.

Good Luck!
        Barry

Comment

• stewfoo
          • Jul 2005

Their equivalent is an audio matrix switch. But, it does not have control over tone, just volume. I will see how it goes and maybe add an EQ later.
          Thanks for the thoughts IntegrateMe!!
          Stew

Comment

• stewfoo
            • Jul 2005

Just finalized my purchase. I decided to go with two 1077's for my in ceiling and outdor speakers. This house should rock. I will keep you all informed. Thanks for the input!
            Stew
            Stew

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"