X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ropotamo
    • Nov 2003

No volume after 1098 2.1.1 upgrade

I have made flash update and then upgrade from 1.1.6 to 2.1.1 On 1098 I can see software version 2.1.1 and everything seems to work well unless you put volume on. Then there is no sound comming from front speakers hooked on RB 1080. But center and surround hooked on RMB 1095 work well. I was checking back side of RB 1080 and everything is switched and connected well. Also fuse is ok. Before upgrade everything was working. Any idea what should be wrong?
  • Sithlord10
    • Apr 2003

Hi mate are you using any 12v triggers for the 1080 or 1095? A few people who have put the new software on say that the 12v trigger setting in the setup had changed. Hopefully it's something simple like that worth a look. 8)

Comment

• ropotamo
      • Nov 2003

I am using trigger, but I was checking that and playing with various connection. It doesn't help. And I can see it is powered up together with other components when switched on. Can be something wrong in flashing Eprom?

Comment

• mazuly
        • Feb 2003

Have you tried to load 2.2.1 again? Sometimes that fixes the problems.

Thanks,
        Maziar

Comment

• ropotamo
          • Nov 2003

I did the same upgrade procedure again with the same result all the time. I was still blaming new soft but then I hooked fronts to 1095 and everything is ok. That means new soft is fine but there is something wrong with 1080. I have checked fuse on the back and this is ok. Unit is still switching on (through trigger!) and it seems to be working like before, but the sound has gone. I saw some topics about 1080 problem with internal fuses when using triggers. That I tend to belive will be cause of my problems.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

ropotamo,

Plug the RB-1080 into your rears (which you know work on the RMB-1095 - if it still doesn't work there - then there is something wrong with it which could be:[*] You've knocked a switch on the back - e.g. the balanced input[*] The internal fuses are blown on both sides[*] Something worse

If the siwtches are fine - take it to your dealer - they are authorised to open up and check the fuses etc.

Geoff

Comment

• ropotamo
              • Nov 2003

Switches are switched as it should be. Finally I put my fronts on RMB1095 and it works. That means there is something wrong with RB1080 itself. Probably the fuses. I will check it with dealer.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"