X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

1068's officially shipping with PLIIx!

Just a heads up in case it gets asked again. Our 1068 for the store that shipped out last Thurday had PLIIx installed from the factory. I'm sure all 1067's and 1056's will be the same. The 1098 might have some build up of stock and may take a while before it sees it from the factory.

Kevin D.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Yay!... Thanks Kevin

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Great news:T

Comment

• Byberg
        • Mar 2004

Why does my 1068 show it's running 1.1.3 software then?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Perhaps yours hasn't been upgraded yet....or else its a different firmware number for the 1056's.

Comment

• Byberg
            • Mar 2004

According to the Rotel Technical Updates section I should have V1.1.4 in order to be getting the plIIx. I just wanted to let people know that not all 1068's are going to have plIIx installed. Mine was shipped during the first week of March, so maybe by the 2nd week it was getting done at the factory.

Comment

• SS
              • Mar 2004

My RSP-1068 was received by the dealer on March 5 with software v.1.1.3, which includes the DPIIx update. It does not include the latest software version (v.1.1.4), which accordig to the Rotel release notes on the website, (i) improves 12v trigger assignment and (ii) adds level adjustment to the center back channels in DPIIx.

Comment

• SS
                • Mar 2004

My RSP-1068 was received by the dealer on March 5 with software v.1.1.3, which includes the DPIIx update. It does not include the latest software version (v.1.1.4), which according to the Rotel release notes on the website, (i) improves 12v trigger assignment and (ii) adds level adjustment to the center back channels in DPIIx.

Comment

• Byberg
                  • Mar 2004

So according to this from the Rotel site about the upgrade:
                  "The software updates for the RSP 1068 and RSX 1067 have allowed for several changes and additions to the features and capabilities of these models, including the addition of Dolby Pro Logic IIx and improvements to the 12 volt trigger assignment feature."

I am cornfused then by the above statement.

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Because 1.1.4 was the first public release for the update to include PLIIx. Hence the description on the website. 1.1.3 wasn't released to the public but was included in shipping models. If you read the software release notes it should become clear.

An update to 1.1.4 wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bondmanp
                      • Mar 2004

Does that mean that the first 1068s to ship with DPLIIx do not allow any level adjustments of the surround back channels? :?:

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

No, you always have adjustment. I believe the line item on the 1.1.4 release notes is that Rotel adjusted the relative surround back channel volumes. So to have 'correct' PLIIx specs you would probably want to go to 1.1.4. May not be that big of a deal, they could just be off 1db, or even too loud.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Byberg
                          • Mar 2004

Thanks Kevin D for clearing that up for me, it seems their web info is written as clearly as the manual for the 1068. 8O Perhaps someday those engineering marvels will hire someone who can write a manual in Basic Layman Terms. Perhaps I'm on to something there, hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"